Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ripstick

Hare lake

5 posts in this topic

I see in sundays paper that they are going to kill off everything in the lake. Stock them kill them. I guess I am confused.gif

It's called rehabilitation:) too many unwanted species get into a stocked trout lake, kill it off and start over with a clean slate. It seems excessive, but catching 3 inch perch when you're angling for brookies isn't much fun...

Every Designated Trout lake we have have has been "Reclaimed" by killing off the unwanted fish. I has to be that way in order for the trout to have a chance. I don't think it kills the bug life though and I'll give you a tip. A few years after the new stocking the lakes are on fire. Trout grow fast when introduced into a lake full of insect life that up till then had a chance to multiply without predation from fish.

I'll have to read the article, sometimes before they reclaim a lake they open it up to promiscuous fishing.

Quote:

I'll have to read the article, sometimes before they reclaim a lake they open it up to promiscuous fishing.

I have heard the same thing. Take pretty much what you want.

fishing 9/1 to 9/23 you may use miltiple lines, but not seines or other nets. Fish maybe taken in any quanity and rough fish may be sold. You MUST have a licenses.The browns used to be good in there but faded down in population. Rainbows not bad.