Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tinkhamtown

Western plow pump problem

8 posts in this topic

The pump that lifts my western plow has quite working. I have taken off and tested the starter motor and it works fine when jumped with battery. Where can I take this to be refurbished? Thanks

Quote:

The pump that lifts my western plow has quite working. I have taken off and tested the starter motor and it works fine when jumped with battery. Where can I take this to be refurbished? Thanks

Does your motor lift the plow when jumped with a battery??

Do you have power to the controller??

Have you checked the other fuses in line??

Pump will not lift the plow. I have taken the pump off and want to get it fixed. The pump will not move the hydraulic piston when battery is connected directly to it.

Where are you located??

My brother-in-law had a similar problem that turned out to be electrical.

I live in Hugo, Minn.

Check all grounds!

If you want, Smith Winter Products in Osseo repairs all my hydrolic stuff on my plow.

There's a pump repair place in Lindstrom, right in town on Hwy 8.

Other than that, you mght want to call Crysteel and ask them if they know of any shops, or Aspen Equipment.

One thing I don't care for about with Western, is that they don't list dealers on the Western's website, just distributors. You have to find a dealer after that.

There's a plow guy both in Forest Lake, I believe he mainly deals with Boss, but I bet this time of year he'd run through the wiring. Other than that, T & A Toppers in the Lino / Columbus area deals with Blizzard / Diamond plows. I know they worked on a Western that I had years ago.