• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Chunkytrout's new boat (pics included)

Well, we've all waited a long time to see pics of Chunky's new laker taker, so here she is. I shot these off the Van Vac dock Sunday as Mr. Trout pirhouetted and spun the queen around like a dancer. Well, OK, a really big, heavy dancer. grin.gif

I'll let him fill you all in on the specifics of said boat. grin.gif

queen-slow.jpg

queen-right.jpg

queen-head-on.jpg

queen-from-behind.jpg

queen-banks.jpg

That windshield and top must work pretty well...........still has the smoke in his mouth in the last pic grin.gif Great boat Chunky!

I figured Steve was waiting for you to post thoses pics grin.gifgrin.gif.......looks like a very sea-worthy boat

Yes indeed................Now that's what I call a Burntside Boat.

Nice find Chunky.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I like the pic of the old gal healed over. Nice B-Side boat Mike.

A new boat is always a joy to break in, I am loving mine. its great how it goes from new to a trusted old gal who won't let you down.

Happy fishing Chunky....hope to see you at B-side bash again this year.

Healed over is right. In 1956 deep V hull wasn't part of our vocabulary. She spent her first 20 years on La Croix as a freighter. Mostly hauling propane and ice. There's a guy in Ely who actually worked out of her up there when he was "much younger". He said she had a Merc the size of a Maytag on the back of her way back then. From there it's a mystery where she's been. I've had people tell Vermilion and other people tell me Basswood.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Well she'll has some more stories to tell when you get done with her. I'm sure she'll still be freighting ice and plenty of methane gas too.

That is seriously one of the coolest old boats I've ever seen. What lake are you on there- it's beautiful.

I think you should paint the logo of your favorite beer on that tin can! smile.gif

Sweet boat Chunky!

Quote:

That is seriously one of the coolest old boats I've ever seen. What lake are you on there- it's beautiful.

Thanks man. It's a 56 Alumacraft Queen Merrie. Pride of the fleet when it was built. That lake is Burntside.

is that what he looks like without winter hat on?? only seen him at the bash. great boat!!!!

Quote:

is that what he looks like without winter hat on??

Yes I'll agree, I look much better when 95% is covered up.

Sweeet Rig Chunkster!!!!

Good to see you back at the helm on the B-side, enjoy yourself bro grin.gifgrin.gif

X my man! How ya been. Good to hear from you sir. I hope you and family are well!