Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sparcebag

Diamond Lake tourney Aug.25th

7 posts in this topic

How did you people do on Diamond?? Thought you'd post cool.gif

2 16" fish won it and the big fish too!! only fish caught

diamond is really down on walleye fishing as of late i here even the guides have pulled any trips from there!! cool.gif

Hello everyone this is my first post, been reading for awhile really like the site now i can put in my two cents also. Maybe there needs to be slot limits assessed to local lakes, or more selective harvest to help out with this problem.

On this lake I do not think it is a shortage of fish that has slowed the bite but rather an abundance of food source as the perch population as exploded.

Diamond has alot of bait fish. Perch, Crappies and shiners,

all make for hard fishing.

i agree with the statement that there is not a shortage of fish. i don't think that the bite has slowed to terribly bad. about 1.5 years ago i moved to atwater and i am seriously on diamond 3 to 4 times per week. one thing that i have noticed is that the fish move a lot and have very distinguished patterns. once you figure this pattern out, one would be surprised as to the numbers of quality fish.

warrior I totally agree with you. Up until the last few years, i had a hard time finding walleyes in late summer or even mid summer for that matter until a friend gave me some new advice and techniques to try and wow did that make a world of difference. The fish are still there, you just have to figure out there patterns from season to season and then your success will improve.