Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tjwierz2

1st timer fishing the north side next week...

9 posts in this topic

Looking for a launch to do some mid-week fishing after labor day. COULD go out of garrison but would prefer to avoid any crowds and go out of a resort closer to wealthwood if possible.

How has the fishing been along the mud flats and the north side.

Any general advice this time of year?

Thanks!

The Red Door Resort- Right on Hwy 18 in Wealthwood has a private landing. I believe $10. Nice harbor- Shallow when you first go out to main lake.. THEY NEED RAIN!!! mad.gif.. I have not been fishing for a while. This weekend I will be out again.

Good luck!!

There is a public landing at Malmo and a pay landing at the Castaways resort about 1/4 mile south of Malmo on 47. I don't know the condition of the public landing or the water level. Check with either of the two gas stations in Malmo if you think this might be a concern. Good Luck!

I think the Public Access at malmo is way to shallow to launch.

I would play it safe and pay the $10 at the Red Door or somewhere else.

Drove around the whole lake last Wensday. Not very many public accesses to evern consider. Pay the launch fees and play it safe, cause $10.00 is alot cheaper than a new prop or lower end. wink.gif

Fisher's Resort is a nice option.

public accesses area no go right now.

So it looks like Red Door or Fishers resort...

Will probably throw a dart at the map and pick a couple of the further NE mud flats to fish...

Best bet to troll cranks or lindy rig leeches off the sides of the flats? Will be fishing primarily during the daytime.

Is it worth fishing over the top of the mud during the day at all?

Thanks.

man, youre gonna have to go there and see. if theyre not there, try somewhere else...see the fish, catch the fish.

regards,

minnesotatuff