• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Air Lucky on Vortex

inthecattails

I was wondering if anyone here uses the air lucky decoys on the spinning vortex's? I heard that it can be done and at a fraction of the cost of a robo decoy.

Everyone's well aware of their mixed results on an air lucky, one wing spins, need lots of wind and post too short. Yet lots swear by them and to each his own.

Also if your using a vortex I would guess that is a no no for public land since it's battery operated am I right?

At Cabelas, they had the air lucky duck going on the vortex and it looked just like the robo ducks on them.

quite certain the air-lucky is NOT worth the cost / hassle of using one.

my experience hunting over them (hunting buddy has one, not me) has been that if you're able to get one wing spinning you are ahead of the game...and that itself takes a mild hurricane to accomplish.

• 2 weeks later...

Which cabelas? I'd like to see it with AIr luckies in action. The cabelas video shows motorized robo's. I'd consider buying it if I can use my Air's but the +200 additional for 2 more motorized ducks makes it kind of steep.

We used an Air Lucky by Edge Expedite and it works just fine. I have a mojo too, and together they seemed to really pull in the birds. Not too mention, it is powered by the wind, so you can use it early too.