Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
inthecattails

Air Lucky on Vortex

10 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone here uses the air lucky decoys on the spinning vortex's? I heard that it can be done and at a fraction of the cost of a robo decoy.

Everyone's well aware of their mixed results on an air lucky, one wing spins, need lots of wind and post too short. Yet lots swear by them and to each his own.

Also if your using a vortex I would guess that is a no no for public land since it's battery operated am I right?

At Cabelas, they had the air lucky duck going on the vortex and it looked just like the robo ducks on them.

quite certain the air-lucky is NOT worth the cost / hassle of using one.

my experience hunting over them (hunting buddy has one, not me) has been that if you're able to get one wing spinning you are ahead of the game...and that itself takes a mild hurricane to accomplish.

Which cabelas? I'd like to see it with AIr luckies in action. The cabelas video shows motorized robo's. I'd consider buying it if I can use my Air's but the +200 additional for 2 more motorized ducks makes it kind of steep.

i have a lucky and a robo more ducks head right to the luck

bluebill,

Are they on a vortex? I'm thinking of buying one but don't want to upgrade to motorized spinners,

We used an Air Lucky by Edge Expedite and it works just fine. I have a mojo too, and together they seemed to really pull in the birds. Not too mention, it is powered by the wind, so you can use it early too.

on a vortex?

I saw them at the Rogers Cabelas last year on a vortex and they looked really good.

Now ya just cost me ~$200 thanks. grin.gif