Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nofishfisherman

LJ or S. Jackson

17 posts in this topic

Who would you rather have and why?

Right now I took LJ with the 4th overall pick but I might be able to trade him for S. Jackson which went #2 overall. The guy who got Jackson wasn't at the draft and just went with default player rankings to make his picks.

Would you make the trade if possible? My league counts receptions as a point as well so a good receiveing back is a good thing to have.

Any ideas?

My draft is tommorrow and if I get the second pick, I'm gonna take Jackson over LJ.

I had them ranked jackson #2 and LJ #3, I proposed the trade so we'll see what happens.

I'd make the trade as well. I'm drafting 9th in my league, so I won't have either of those guys...

I would try the trade as well, but if you were offering me the trade....REJECTED

It got narrowly rejected, might try to renegotiate with him.

Don't be surprised if LJ's stats drop off this year. His O-Line is not that great and opponents will most likely play more against the run...even more than in the past.

I'd go with Jackson.

You might have to throw in a multi player deal. Jackson is well worth it!!!!!

Thats what I am looking at doing. He almost went for the straight up deal so i think adding another player might do the trick.

Who were you thinking about adding?

I made the following offer:

S. Jackson

Brandon Jacobs

for

L. Johnson

Duece Mcallister

Jackson is better then LJ but Duece is more proven then Jacobs.

That seems to be fair. Let us know what happens!

He rejected the offer. I thought it was a pretty fair offer. I guess he likes Jackson more then I thought.

You might want to try adding a player from another position rather than RB. If he is getting a WR as well as LJ it might tempt him a little more.

Jackson is the man. I had him last year and he dang near himself won me the championship. Jackson also had 90 receptions last year. Offer him a WR like the other guy said and he should do it.

Quote:

My draft is tommorrow and if I get the second pick, I'm gonna take Jackson over LJ.

Just got back from my draft. We pulled cards before draft time and I ended up with th #2 spot. cool.gif As expected L.T. went #1 and I picked Steven Jackson like I said in the previous post.

Overall I think the draft went pretty good for me.

QB's- Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart

RB's- Steven Jackson, Laurence Maroney, Clinton Portis, Marion Barber III

WR's- Marques Colston, Plaxico Burress, Donte' Stallworth, Greg Jennings, and Joe Jurevicius

PK's- Adam Vinatieri, Jason Hanson

Defense- San Diego, Miami

The few players in the past who have had over 400 carries in a season had signifigant dropoffs in production the following season. Something too beware of. Steven Jackson hands down. SJ and LT by far the class of this years draft.