• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Twins are back

zamboni

Wish I hadn't kicked dirt on their graves a couple weeks ago. This thing truly isn't over yet. Currently in the 3rd inning here on sunday they have scored 4 runs, looks like they are back to Twins baseball. Might have a shot yet

Nice to see the bats come alive. Hopefully my "run-support" post will drop off the map. They've got virtually all divisional series left with a huge one at Cleveland this week. Let's hope they can keep it going. I can't believe how stacked at pitching we are with Garza, Baker pitching strong and Slowey ripping up AAA.

The twins have played well , but look at who they played, the true test will be this next series, if they can sweep cleavland, then I will say they are back. Either way we have a nice pitching staff, and an offense that is not stable. We still need a strong batter if we are going anywhere this year!

Cleveland series will be huge!

If they do well against Cleveland, they gotta keep the momentum going however. I can see a series sweep of Cleveland, big celebration, and then they deflate after that.

How long does this bandwagon need to pause here to let everyone on? grin.gif

Oh, I will admit, they're a lot more fun to watch lately. Bartlett, Hunter, Redmond... and even Casilla and Li'l Nicky (..wha?) have had entertaining atbats of late.

Schweady- I am still waiting for the recipe for those delicious Schweady Balls................

Sorry. Schweady family secret, of course. I can tell you not to leave them on the heat too long and let them get all misshapen... Look for 'Seasons Eatings' to take your delivery orders again when we get closer to the holidays.

A sweep would be nice, but they at least need 2 out of 3. I think they only have 7 games remaining that are out of the division, so we are in it, but we have to make these games count.

Go Twins!

A sweep is a pipe dream 2 out 3 would nice but if I were to bet on it I'd say Cleveland will win 2 out of 3.

Go Twins.....the Castillo trade is going to hurt a lot more then I thought it was going to.

With Sabathia & Byrd pitching Cleveland takes 2 of 3. Last time Byrd went against the Twins he gave up 4 hits no runs with a complete game and we all know how the Twins fair against left hand pitching.

I got Byrd on my fantasy team- him and Kelvim Escobar. They have turned into studs this year for me. I traded Johan earlier this season- he hasn't been the same old Johan except for about 5 games this year

This could be a three game sweep and the last nail in the coffin for any chance at the play-offs. I love the Twins but no play-offs or miracle this season.

I'm with ya Tom. I love the Twins but it's going to take a miracle to see post-season this year.

I see last nights games as proof that the Twins are back.

They are back to their normal ways. Win a few games to give us hope and then lose an important game to take the hope away again. Yes Sir, the twins are back.

I will go on record here and say the Twins will be in it till the end. Good thing you guys aren't in the clubhouse with all of your positive feedback. Still have 6 weeks to go and a lot of things can happen. Would be nice to pickup three games right now, but not the end of the world if we don't.

I will root and hope for the Twins to make the playoffs unitl they are mathematically eliminated.

No bandwagon for me.

Go Twins!

I try to watch most of the games, and will always root for the twins, even when they are eliminated. Just have the feeling that this is not their year. Hope to be wrong though. grin.giftongue.gif

I will be very honest about one thing- I would rather watch a Twins game right now than a Vikings or Timberwolves game. Wild is gonna be another story this year

Even though the twins lost tonight what an entertaining game right to the final out. Can you ask for more? ( of course some of you will ) Two web gems tonight with Punto and Hunter if you didn't watch the game then you missed why you should be watching..

You have to give them credit for trying tonight. Just really sucks that they keep coming up on the short end on games like this. Must make at least 20 1-run losses this year.

BobbyB, you hit it on the head. Those two tonight were up there with the Top Ten Web Gems of '07. Even the 5-4-3 triple play the other night... you gotta love being tuned in to see one turned, even though it was a huge Twinks rally killer. While it is sobering to witness the title hopes slip slowly away for this year, the true fan didn't wait to catch these on SportsCenter.

19-18 in 1-run games so far this year.

Not the fault of the players...when you have Carmen Cali out there for a potentially season-turning inning...have .157 White coming off the bench to pinch hit...this team is a few pieces short of being a playoff team.

As much as I've moaned about Punto's Houston Jimenez impression with the bat this year, that was one of the best plays I've ever seen.

We're almost back to the point where I can just enjoy watching the games & not worry about where they're at in the standings. tongue.gif

Great game last night, you're right.

Carmen Cali should not be allowed to pitch in that situation whether he is lefthanded or not. Whomever's decision that was at that point obviously made the wrong one.

That game yesterday was the most important one of the season, Neshek, Guerrier, Nathan are the only ones that should have had a chance to come out of the bullpen yesterday in that close of a game. They are our best relievers and we should have used them. Coaches can take that loss yesterday. mad.gif

I wish I had watched last night but I was muskie fishing. I did catch the last couple outs on the radio though, sounded intense. And to top it we didn't even see a muskie.

Hopefully we can salvage a win tonight with Johan pitching. Should be a good game.

WOW- you guys are finally getting what I was saying months ago about Punto- batting aside- the gyu plays defensively harder than anyone out there- that was by far the best play I have seen in a long time, should make Yahoos top play of the week

This series sweep by Cleveland wasn't a surprise. The Twins have been doing this all season. Win a few in a row, then loose a few in a row. Just like the 4-game sweep of Oakload, followed by a 3-game sweep by the Tigers after the All-star break. They just aren't deep enough to keep it going with multiple sub 0.200 batters in every game.

The problem with the Twins is that they play hard but they have this conception that AAA ballplayers sometime will become BIG LEAGUE players. Right now they have one Pro in the infield, @ 1st base Morneau. In the outfield they have Hunter & Cuddeyer. If you pin your hopes on those three players, as a twins fans you are sorely mistaken. I think the Twins could be a great ball club if they would get out of the mindset that if you are there working hard everyday, YOU'RE a BIG Leaguer.. In my opinion if you have big leaue talent then play, quit holding on to the guys that smile, nod, rah, rah, rah B.S. to save a couple of million. They have the pitching basically on good days w/run support. In my opinion, get rid of Punto, Tyner, Rincon to clear up the money to sign Hunter. I don't know why they are keeping Rondell White, every time he is brought back to the team, THEY LOOSE... shocked.gif Mauer is on the DL, and if he comes back is he going to help?? or is he just another primadonna? (sp?) because of a hang nail can't play..

The twins when they had the chance should have picked up Thome and then this year Texaria? They need to get out of AAA ooo.gifooo.gif

As die hard as I would like to think I am, I jumped off the band wagon, and I wont be back on this year. I will watch a couple games just to watch the young guys play, but I wont be watching thinking they have a chance anymore. confused.gifmad.gif