Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dakotakid31

foot control on a powerdrive

5 posts in this topic

took the boat out the other day and i could only turn right with my trolling motor so i borrowed my cousins foot control and that was the problem-she works great with his. question is- is there anyway to have my pedel fixed or do i have to find a new one?

That is an all to commom problem on the powerdrive. I'm on my 3rd and last one. When it goes out again, and I'm sure it will, I'm going to add the co pilot and use the remote feature. I know of guys dunking the foot pedal in the water or taking it apart and cleaning the contacts. If it's under warranty you can get a new foot pedal that way or just buy a new one yourself.

Try the hand held cabled remote! smile.gif

They work great and are practically flawless! laugh.gif

Much better then the foot control. tongue.gif

I clip it on my windshield and operate it from there.

Cliff

yeah i know now..few weeks ago i was reading on here about problems with them and thought to myself.."i havnt had a single problem with mine"..jinxed myself!! might have to look into that hand held since they cant make a foot control that is reliable.

Yup mine just went as well. Im going to the co pilot. That foot peddle was always in the way anyhow.