Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scott M

Early Goose

8 posts in this topic

Where are you hunting for early goose?

I'm gonna try a little body of water by Hutch. Don't have a field to go to this year so please don't jump all over me. Gotta take what I can get.

I don't expect limits, but I'd like a few birds for jerky and a chance to scratch the itch after 10 months or so....

Might hit some dove fields too.

We will be in Clearwater area on opener, Hutch or Dassel area on day 2 and who knows on Monday.

Im going to have to do some scouting first… I’m going to try to find a good field to hunt

Got five good wheat fields around litchfield with 2 being within a half miloe of the refuge and they have been full of honkers,,,now as long as they hold for another few days it going to be a great year..happy hunting

Not much for luck. 2 birds yesterday, both solos. Good luck to the rest and if you aren't seeing birds, don't force it like I did; go dove hunting instead. There are plenty of those around.

we only got 2 - had a field south of Dassel - tough shoot - most of the reports I heard were poor - I might have to shoot doves next weekend - lots of those

Well like i had feared .. the local birds quit holding on the wheat feilds and went to corn..but we got a few to come our way. On sat we had 7, sun got 6, mon got 3 numbers are getting tougher now with more corn getting chopped,,,,finally to a chopped corn field to hunt on,,so now will wait till sat and give the birds a chance to rest some from over the weekend,,good luck all

btw we only had very few doves on the fields so good luck to you dove hunters.