Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Down Deep

Disabled guy need accessible camp site

3 posts in this topic

A guy I work with has CP and uses a wheelchair. He likes to fish and has Lund SV 16. He knows I fish Vermillion and asked me for information regarding a resort with campsites that are somewhat accessible. He gets around pretty good and will have an aid and another one of his friends to help him out. He uses a tent because he can't get into RV's because of the door size, floor plans and steps.

Does anyone know a resort with campsites that have a reasonably flat area with access to a good smooth dock. The area does not have to have to be super accessible. I told him about he campground on Hoodoo, but I advised him to stay away from the Big Bay area because he could have some problems with wind. So, does anybody have and ideas or alternatives?

Wakemup Bay campground has a handicap accessible site and it would be pretty easy to deal with the docking. There are no showers or anything like that but there is water and the campground host is pretty helpful. I camp there a couple times a year, pretty nice campground.

I second the idea of the Wakemup Bay campground. It has a couple of docks, and there's plenty of good fishing nearby on Wakemup, Norwegian, and Niles Bays. The location is in a fairly protected bay with good routes to other protected waters in case of windy weather.

It's a state forest campground, so the rates are reasonable.