• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Whos Everyones #2

zamboni

Tomlinson first, obviously. Stephen Jackson #2?? Thats what all the websites are saying. Wouldn't Shaun Alexander or Larry Johnson be a better bet? Whats everyones take on Marion Barber as a top 5- I think he will shine this season. Or do you wait and hope to steal him in the 3rd round?

i hope you mean other former gopher laurence maroney, cuz barber shouldnt be a 1st or 2nd round back, not with the platoon between him and jones.

I'd go Jackson #2 because he is going to catch a lot of balls out of the backfield as well as carrying the ball. He is also young and has a good O-line in front of him along with a good QB running the offense. Having Holt and Bruce to catch balls will help prevent D's from stacking the line to stop the running game. I also heard that Linehan wants to get Jackson between 80-90 catches out of the backfield this season in addition to a normal carrying load.

Alexander and Johnson are both still great fantasy backs but Jackson is younger than both. Alexander is getting up in age, I think he will be fine this year but you never know his production could start tailing off now. LJ is younger but has lost some key offensive line guys and may have a inexperienced QB starting allowing Defenses to stack the line on him.

Quote:

i hope you mean other former gopher laurence maroney, cuz barber shouldnt be a 1st or 2nd round back, not with the platoon between him and jones.

Barber is tearing it up this preseason, and I think he is truly better than Jones.

One of my fantasy Mags has Barber rated 20th for RB's and Jones rated 31st. Barber usually gets the touches around the endzone. grin.gif

Quote:

One of my fantasy Mags has Barber rated 20th for RB's and Jones rated 31st. Barber usually gets the touches around the endzone.

20th ranked RB would probably mean a 4th round pick.

In a 12 man league- that could mean a 2nd rounder. Usually entire first rd is RBs except for the guy that takes Manning, and 2nd is more RBs. I guess it depends on how scoring is set up in your league though. When I was on CBS QBs weren't given points like RBs, so RBs basically ran the draft for the first round and a half

I had the #2 pick in one of my drafts and there was no question that I took Jackson. St Louis has a high scoring offense this year and he should put up big numbers. I also scored Barber in the 7th round. Do you guys think I should handcuff Leonard in FA? What do you guys think about making a trade for Julius Jones so I have the complete running game of Dallas? Or should I trade Barber to pick up another WR. I already have Jackson, Cedric Benson, Portis and Betts for RB's

You don't want both Jones and Barber, Barber will get the points while Jones will get it between the 20's. Portis is healthy again I believe so you may want to unload Betts.

Has anyone ever done an auction draft?? I did one on Saturday for the 1st time with a $200 cap. My team actually isnt bad foe being a 1st timer.

QB's- Young & Rothisberger

Rb's -Maroney, Barber, Jones-Drew, A.Green and T.Bell

WR's- C.Johnson (cinci), Wayne, Driver and Bruce.

TE- Gates and Cooley

K- Gould and DEF is SD, I still had $7.00 at the end.

1st pick was Tomlinson and he was sold for $96 which I thought was crazy.