Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
fetzeriiif

Bear hunting land for 2008

fetzeriiif    0
fetzeriiif

[Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Rick G
      One from Sunday
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      Fish Lake Baits in Harris had some nice large leeches a couple of weeks ago. Cliff
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      W-W, What time of the day was best? Cliff
    • city slicker
      After 4 days on a Rainy lake houseboat we managed a walleye fry 3 nights. They where on the deeper mid lake reefs which is no secret, but they wanted minnows. That was the hard part, finding bigger minnows. To my surprise I was able to land a few each afternoon on 5" plastic rigged. 2 boats, 6 people, 47 eyes where clicked biggest 24", smallest 6" and every stop in between. We did fish some bays and the pike were willing to play!city
    • Wanderer
      The OP was given the system by someone else who was having problems with it. @TNFL If the above statement is correct, try it on your system and see if the fuse blows.  The problem may have been on the other person's rig.   Is it worth contacting the manufacturer for tech help or sending in for testing/service?
    • Wheres_Walter
      Sunday and Monday we caught lots of 15-16" fish at 12-14 FOW.  All on Chartruese jigs with half a crawler.   A couple in the high teens and one 21" as well.  
    • Wanderer
      Leeches are somewhat seasonal and not as prevalent later in the open water season (now).  It's the nature of the bait. Vados would be my first call between the Cities and Mille Lacs but you could always try calling a few shops on the southern side of the lake.
    • delcecchi
      Back in the old days..... before I retired and we used to come up labor day, I used to fish steep breaks into deep water.  My favorite spot was the north/west tip of Schmidts Island.   There is a little flat than breaks into like 40 feet out in front, more or less, of the dock that goes with the little chalet style cabin.   There are probably other spots along that headolakes shore of the island that are good, so check it out with modern electronics.   I don't know if that area is still working or not.   Jigging raps might work there.  I used a rig with a pretty heavy sinker so I could tip toe over the rocks up and down the break.   Caught what was my PB walleye for a long time on that spot.   Neighbor got a 30 incher somewhere along there.  This is all historical, so maybe not much help anymore.  BTW I typically fished there in the evening.   Never really tried it during the day. 
    • SkunkedAgain
      Jeez no. I can barely remember the netting discussion, let alone which side that I was arguing! Yup, you can see us cruising past quite often probably intent on satisfying the little one's quest for some ice cream at Moosebirds. She loves Sue and Ron. I'll definitely wave or stop by if I see you. I'll be up the next two weekends.
    • Wakemup
      How do you guys like to fish the west end as we transition into September and early fall? My next planned time at the cabin will be Labor day, I'm sure it'll be plenty busy on the lake but hoping to find a few quiet spots in the mornings and evenings to do some walleye fishing.