Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
krats

Muskie fishing in the Frazer Bay area?

12 posts in this topic

I am going to be up fishing muskies for the first time on Lake Vermilion and staying in Frazer Bay on the 3rd weekend of September and I was wondering if someone could tell me how the muskie fishing is in this area. Just wondering in general if the area will be a good spot to work, not looking for specifics necessarily.

Thanks.

Hey Krats,

Are you going to be healed up by then??? I don't know that there's a bad area of the lake for musky fishing. The Frazer Bay area can be excellent. You're a relatively short boat ride away from the Big Bay area on the east end. But between there and Frazer Bay could keep you busy for a long time too. It'll be a little more protected if you have a lot of wind as well.

Aaron

Thanks Aaron, I hope to be in good shape by then, doctor says 3 more weeks and they will cut me loose to do whatever I want.

You and I will have to talk more before I go, I may need a few last minute items for the Lakewood from "MTO" for the trip. I am sure you have a few ideas for me.

I will be in touch. smile.gif

Brett

Just wondering if anyone has a muskie report for me for the Frazer Bay or near by areas. We will be up next Friday morning early for the morning bite and staying til Sunday afternoon. This is my first time on the lake and we are exited about coming up.

Thanks.

Im no pro, and have a POS boat, but

I'll be by the frog on Saturday around 2 pm tongue.gif

and over by(Contact Us Please) most likely venturing over to (Contact Us Please) using a double (Contact Us Please)

663 views.....make that 700!

What? confused.gif

I am just looking for a fishing report not anybody's spots.

poor attempt at humor on my part. Musky haven't been present in Frazer since 89'. LOL

Rackenstuff,

That's what I thought, but wasn't really sure.

Thanks for the info, depressing though, I was hoping you would say that the bay was the home of many 50+ers.

Don't we all wish we could find a spot like that? Come to think of it, I am pretty sure I would not share that with alot of people.

Krats

check your email bud

Rack,

Sounds good, I will email you tonight. I will be up with my brother-in-law and we are kind of new to muskie fishing still. We will be up early Friday morning through Sunday morning.

The fishing was tough. The weather last week through Friday night was messed up, lots of rain over the last week or so. You could not see bottom in 6' in alot of areas, I understand that it should be gin clear. I guess that is what 16" of rain in a short time will do to a lake.

We managed 5 follows but no takers. Well one grabbed the tail of my Phantom and held onto it at boat side for a few moments but she did not eat it.

The scenery was nice and I will go back.

Hey Rackenstuff,

Looked around Gold Island for you on Saturday. We guessed that maybe it was too windy for you.

Did you get out?

Catch you next trip maybe.

We had a massive tree fall on our cabin and required a good deal of work on Saturday.

The only musky I saw was fishing walldoes with Cliff!

Massive ski followed the walleye to the boat!

i did throw a double cowgirl around old weedbeds with no luck.