• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Pitbull Next Door

Weed Shark

Labs and goldens may bite more people than pits but there are 1000 labs for every pit. also the damage done when a pit attacks is severe. 11 people in the twin cities have been mauled by pits this year with one dead. several were critical. all required extisive hospitalization. Pits should be eliminated as a breed!

Quote:

Labs and goldens may bite more people than pits but there are 1000 labs for every pit. also the damage done when a pit attacks is severe. 11 people in the twin cities have been mauled by pits this year with one dead. several were critical. all required extisive hospitalization. Pits should be eliminated as a breed!

How is this constructive talk for Weed Shark. It offers no help to him. This is just another negative attack on pit bulls. If you don't have something positive to say, I didn't think it belonged on this forum?

Any updates on the nice doggy next door Weed Shark? Any maulings? Deaths? Has the doggy rolled over and let you pet it's belly yet?

Quote:

What the media doesn't report is the numbers of people bitten by labs and goldens. If we were told the numbers from those two breeds, would we consider banning them as well? After all, isn't a bite a bite regardless of breed?

I'm not attacking Goldens or Labs, as I love both breeds. I just bring it up to make it a point. Also, a pomeranian killed a 6 week old child this last spring. Why not ban them as well?

Quote:

Shark --

Any new updates?

The dog wasn't licensed with the city, so there is a deadline for that. This only means shots will be current.

I’d been dreaming about buying an American Water Spaniel pup. Seems like a Pit Bull snack, right now.

What bothers me most...I can’t protect the kids when I’m not home.

Any dog can be "bad" if they are raised and treated improperly. That includes all breeds.

However, pit bulls have proven that even when raised properly, they can go "bad".

I have a large dog (black lab/husky cross). I do not expect all my neighbors to have to deal with him being loose or in their yard. Even though friendly, any dog can be intimidating. Yes, he is loose at times (legal where I am in the yard)...but never leaves my yard and I am always with him.

If you have a large dog, your neighbors may not like it and be fearful of him...no matter what the breed. You have to respect that. And, pit bulls are worse due to their nature and the bad press. If you don't like it, then don't get a pit bull. I know you love your dog, but you have to respect your neighbors and put them first.