• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I. FALLS BASS TOURNEY

HI F.M. READERS,

THE I.FALLS BASS TOURNEY EVENTS START TODAY, THIS IS A GREAT EVENT FOR OUR COMMUNITY. I HOPE THAT IF YOUR IN I. FALLS THAT YOU WILL COME DOWN TO SMOKEY BEAR PARK & JOIN IN THE FUN. ANGLERS WILL BE FISHING FRIDAY & SATURDAY...WE WILL SEE YOU THERE!!!

SINCERELY,

FISHMEISTER

Wow!

What a great show last night! For those of you who haven't experienced the Bass Tournament weekend your truly missing out on some great entertainment. Kudos to all of those who work so hard to put this event together. I would highly suggest stopping down. Live it up "UP NORTH" style! Good Times I tell Ya!

RD

I fished it, and I know a couple other FMers fished it. What a great time. The town treated us so well that I felt guilty. That was my first trip to IF, and I cannot wait to go back. Thanks, International Falls.

HI RAY,

I'M GLAD YOU HAD FUN!!! I DIDN'T HEAR ALOT OF COMPLAINTS, BUT DID SEE SOME PLACES WHERE WE CAN IMPROVE. I WAS THE ANGLER SERVICE CORDINATOR & DID THE RULES MEETING, THE WAY WE HANDLE OUR REGISTRATIONS WILL IMPROVE, AND WE WON'T HAVE THE PROBLEM WITH HAVING MORE ODD TEAMS THEN EVEN & VICE-VERSA. RUNNING A TOURNEY OF THIS MAGNITUDE TAKES ALOT OF HARD WORK & DEDICATION, THIS IS HONESTLY THE FIRST TIME IN 26 YEARS I HAVE WENT 1 WEEK WITHOUT FISHING., BUT I THINK THE TOURNEY WAS PRETTY WELL RUN, I SLEPT A TOTAL OF 10 HOURS IN 3 NIGHTS, SO ITS EXHAUSTING....BUT FUN!!!

THANKS, DAVE

(FISHMEISTER)

Hey Fishmeister. Great job by you, Doc Potter, and all of the tourney committee and volunteers. You had every detail covered. The IFBC, along with the Fort Frances tourney are hands down the most exciting events we fish each year. Congrats on pulling off a great event once again. The crowd at the final weigh-in was awesome. By the way, we headed home after the awards, but not before stopping at your place for dinner. Thanks for the coupons!

Also, to all I. Falls/Rainy Lake and River residents: thanks for your hospitality during the tournament. We appreciate the opportunity to "play our game" on Rainy Lake and Rainy River. We not only enjoy the water but the city and the people who live there. See you next year - although I might have to make a trip to the river this fall! I'll be sure to stop in for a sandwich!

Travis Peterson

I have fished the tourney for all 3 years now,It just keeps getting better, All the hard work of everybody, is much appreciated. I am already looking forward to next year, planning & trying to take my fishing to the next level.I live in the Falls and know how great this is for the whole town.Keep up the outstanding work.

Thank you

Fishmeister,

I would like to read the final results/standings of the tournament. I have searched the web but cannot find. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

JDP

HI JDP.,

TRY GOING TO www.ifallsdailyjournal.com THEN GO TO THE MONDAYS EDITION-AUGUST 27, AND YOU WILL FIND THE STORIES. ONE THAT WON'T BE IN THERE, AS I WAS GETTING READY TO CALL OFF THE TEAMS NUMBERS FOR THE SENDOFF AT THE RIVER LANDING, A BEAVER WALKED UP THE RAMP, WALKED UP THE SHOREWOOD ACCESS ENTRANCE... I SAID OVER THE P.A. SYSTEM...ONLY IN I. FALLS CAN YOU GET THAT KINDA OF A GREETER., AND ALSO WHEN JOHN & CHAD HELD UP THEIR FISH DURING THE WEIGH IN, THE FIRST BASS WAS A MASSIVE LARGE MOUTH BASS(WHICH IS LEGAL)...ONLY CATCH, IT WAS MADE OF SOFT RUBBER, THEY PULLED IT OUT OF THE LIVE WELL, SO IT WAS DRIPPING, AND HAD BATTERIES IN IT MAKING THE TAIL MOVE...JOHN WAS STARING AT DALE LABELLE WHO HAD THE LEAD AND SAW HIS JAW DROP. THAT WAS JUST A FEW THINGS THAT HAPPENED. FUN TIMES. SINCERELY,

FISHMEISTER

I need to 2nd the comments of others on this thread. Between the excellent work of the tournament crew and the amazing support from the community, this truly is one of the best events around. Every detail is taken care of and it's a riot to show up at the stage with a rowdy and excited crowd ready to greet you!

Next year we'll try to make that largie a real one... Or maybe just some bigger smallies!

Congrats to Dale and Karl on the win!

Thanks to you all!

Chad Johnson

Congrats to all the teams. With a special high five to the rookie on team #27. Two votes for rookie of the year, from the Illinois boys.