Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
frydaddy

southeast corner

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I will be staying at Father Henepin State Park this weekend and bringing my Lund 16 explorer. I have not fished the big pond in a long time but am excited to do so. I have a GPS to make sure I dont get lost and a lake map.

Any depths or areas to concentrate on? With the size of my boat I probably won't be going more than 5 miles in any direction. How is the sloppy joe area? Does anyone have any GPS coordinates of Sloppy Joe or any onther areas?

Thank you.

I would pick up a map of Mille Lacs that has GPS coordinates. They are are under $20.

Sloppy Joes is a great gravel/ rock bar. I would troll the outer edges of it with a lindy rig and leech or crawler. Mark fish and mark spot on GPS. Work structure piles and dipody do’s grin.gif. If sloppy is not producing, shoot up to 5 mile or Henny Island area. Those are some other good spots in your range of area.

Good luck!

Lots of good spots in SE corner. Concentrate on shallow rocks for smallies & wallies. Bobber or cast rattle raps as shallow as 2'.

I agree with eyewarrior say off the gravel flats for now. They are good in early June and into July. Right now by the sounds of the reports they are stacking up in the shallow rocks. I have not fished walleyes in a month or so but I am going to try this weekend. When I was up there two weeks ago we saw some walleyes in 2-3 feet of water while bass fishing. We saw them in shallow water at all hours of the day. It was overcast that weekend so you might want to wait for low light times to chase them this weekend. Good luck to you.