• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2007 Deer & Bear Pictures

harvey lee

congrats to all you guys, you are laying the smackdown on some very respectable critters! Backstraps galore eaten on here already and I haven't even gotten on stand once. Good grief my schedule stinks this fall... Oh well, plenty of fall left!!!

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• harvey lee

• snoozebutton

• sticknstring

• maros91

Shot a decent 4 pointer last night in Savage. Not a big rack but good body weight. Not bad for my first two hours of the season, and from the ground.

img0217pt4.th.jpg

not the biggest we have seen but with only a few days left before gun season my buddy just could not pass.maybe tonite ti will be my turn

I had the shortest deer hunt of my life today! I was settled into the tree at 11:31 am and was done hunting at 11:36 am. My dad arrowed a doe on Tuesday night so the pressure was on today. I got into his stand ( grin.gif) which is on a hardwood ridge that runs south of our food plot west/east. There's some low areas and thick popple on each side of the ridge and the bedding area is to the east of the stand, behind me. I used my Primos can call a few times, followed by 5-6 excited buck grunts. I look to my right and here is a spike at 50 yds lip curling. He came in on a string at a fast walk. I drew, grunted, and he stopped. I double lunged him at 12 yds and he ran about 40yds before crashing. I've had a drought the last 2 years so I was pumped big time.

dscf1163bm2.jpg

Brian

Went out this morning for perhaps the last time for the archery season, as I hunt all public land and I am not really sure how well it would go after gun season. Anyways a buddy dropped me off where i walked in and drove further down the road to where he was going to hunt. I walked the trail that I have walked so many times this archery season, kicked up one on the way in, couldn't tell what it was or how big it was just saw the faint white tail and it didn't go too far. I got to where I sit, no stand, and waited. Sitting in the darkness I heard something making some commotion in the brush. Never saw what it was, but it sounded big, thought it might have bedded down but never heard or saw from it again. We had agreed to meet at the truck at 10 or so, and after a while of sitting and seeing nothing I pulled out my cell phone to find that it was 9:45. I thought what the heck, I will throw in a chew and wait it out just a bit longer and then make the walk. By this time I had pulled down my facemask so I could spit when I heard a twig snap behind me. I waited and 2 fawns came walked right past me 10 yards away. I waited for them to get a little further up the trail so I could pull back on them, I got set and let it fly, right over the top of her, I couldn't believe it. They jumped a little and looked right at me for what seemed to be forever. To my surprise they started walking up the trail that they had came in on even closer to me, like nothing had ever happened. I got another one knocked and let it fly, Thwap, and she took off with her tail down. I couldn't see where I hit her so I walked the long way around to my buddies stand. Got him and waited. Went back to where I had missed found my arrow, went to where I shot the second time and found my arrow, little to no blood on the arrow, not good I was thinking. We followed the blood up to the ridge and we saw what we thought was the deer I shot moving around so we waited some more. After a while we picked up the trail and ended up finding her 20 feet down the hill from where we had tracked before, must have been the other fawn. Anyways I have to admit I had the feva. I missed completely what I was aiming at and ended up hitting her in the neck, I suppose not a bad spot to miss. I am usually spot on shooting at the range but this was much different.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff228/Phillburg/firstdeermn003.jpg?t=1193978437]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff228/Phillburg/firstdeermn003.jpg?t=1193978437]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff228/Phillburg/firstdeermn003.jpg?t=1193978437]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff228/Phillburg/firstdeermn003.jpg?t=1193978437

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff228/Phillburg/firstdeermn002.jpg?t=1193979127]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff228/Phillburg/firstdeermn002.jpg?t=1193979127]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff228/Phillburg/firstdeermn002.jpg?t=1193979127

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff228/Phillburg/firstdeermn001.jpg?t=1193979163]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff228/Phillburg/firstdeermn001.jpg?t=1193979163]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff228/Phillburg/firstdeermn001.jpg?t=1193979163

She is small I know, but I wanted to fill my tag before firearms season. Added to the fact that this is my first deer ever bow or firearms. As this is my first year archery hunting, I don't know If I am going to do the firearms this year I am addicted. I will be going home to Wisconsin this weekend to bow hunt with a buddy, private land, and stands. This will be a good deer to build on. Thanks to all you FMers for all the help along the way. I don't post too often but I am reading daily, learning from all the experienced people on this site.

Some pics of my buck, sorry so big, its late at night and I'm going to bed. For the story, go to to the I THINK I GOT HIM thread. 100_0908.jpg

100_0905.jpg

Beauty of a deer there 96. Got a similar story myself... Friday night was a loooong night knowing this guy was still out there somewhere... Found him around 10 am sat. morning. Score is approximately 153 gross/151 net.

07-buck-med.jpg

Nice nice deer fishermn and from the looks of the pic, he was hit kind of far back so great job on the recovery!!!

A good rack but a massive body and neck. Shot Nov. 1 at 7:32 am. Field dressed at 210lbs, 20.5 inside, scored approximately 138.

IMG_2466.jpg

IMG_2468.jpg

Awesome Deer there purple. Lots of mass and a huge neck/body!

Unfortunately mine was not quartering away, it was a mental error on my part. (And I had a little devine intevention in the recovery.) Found him about 60-70 yards from the last spot of blood, and considering the cover, I could have walked right by and not known he was there!

Just another lesson learned. The deer was walking when I shot. I should have either aimed more towards the shoulder, or stopped the deer. Thankfully, it still took out the lungs, but just barely!

Fishermn, beautiful buck, again! You too purple.

Great kills with a bow!

Joel

I've been hunting all day on my days off and today I shot and I scored. It was high noon during a northland blizzard and I was alone with my bow while everyone else was carrying their ought 6's or tirty tirties (location: city limits of Duluth). I was awe struck when atleast six bucks (maybe more...couldn't count. I was awe struck, remember?) came in together. No does. Couldn't believe it. Looked for the biggest one and he barely made my minimum requirements but last season flashed before my eyes and I wasn't going to hold out only to shoot a spork in late december...plus it's a management hunt, not a trophy hunt. That's the idea anyhow. So he walked into a small opening and I gave him the shaft. My striker broadhead, like a knife through butter, flew effortlessly through both lungs. He stumbled briefly before submitting to a double lung deflation. It was beautiful. In the world of hunting there is no script. If there was, this buck had read it to a tee. Predator camoflage was the best pattern on the market for today's hunt. First day I wore it in the timber and look what happened.

10 points and only 166 pounds

Score?...not much, but I'm starting to judge my deer by the season. Not the inches.

1000108on3.jpg

1000109tz1.jpg

Here's a picture that was sent to me... I believe it was hit by a truck... harvey lee can explain more...

BigBuck.jpg

Nice buck - congratulations! I'd say he'd been doin some chasing... less tallow for you to cut off! Gotta love huntin in the snow...

Thanks guys! I just pulled my bow up and here they came! By the time I shot I was only in the tree for two minutes and unfortunately didn't get any of it on tape (still had the video camera in pack around my shoulder!). I've been filming my hunts this season alone...which is a very rewarding challenge. Got opening day's doe kill on tape and was holding out for a nice buck before any more does. After WI gun season I'll do my best to fill my remaining three tags on tape and also hopefully post some clips in the video forum. Congrats to the rest of the successful bow hunters out there and good luck to those still holding tags!

Matt:

Beautiful deer. I would've shot also!

Great to see you in the Predator Fall Gray. Exceptional pattern anytime after leaf-off when tree stand hunting, and even more of a no-brainer with some snow. Many folks spend their time/energy trying to match what's on the ground or what their tree looks like, forgetting that to see you, the deer will be looking up against the background of sky and branches.

Joel

Just returned from my first mule deer hunt in Montana. Had a great week, shot a nice buck. A three hour stalk led to a perfect 120 yard shot.

I'll try to get some pictures up soon.

Thanks Shiner...

This was a guided hunt with an outfitter I had archery antelope hunted with in the past. I had seen firsthand the bucks this area had to offer. It was a 50th birthday present to myself.

Saw this deer 7:00 the first morning and it took till 10:00 to put the scope on him. He went over a rise into a rugged area of coulies. We searched each little cut in the bank till I finally spotted him about a mile into the stalk. He was only 130 yards away and I was able to get a bit closer as I snuck around for a better angle. One shot from my 300WSM put him down quickly. He was really symetrical with deep forks. It was exactly the deer I had hoped for.

Shot this guy opening morning of shotgun season amidst the slugs flying. 35 yards walking. Pretty incredible shot, he went about 100-150 yards. 9 pointer grossed at 131 5/8 th_DSCI0765.jpg

I dont know why i cant get it any bigger than a thumbnail