Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blarkey

island lake

4 posts in this topic

any one fish island lake in shoreview latley

No, not as of late.

The lake is a great kids fishing lake. A ton of small-med. sunnies and small crappies. Once and awhile a small hammer handle.

The last time I was there, the kids had a blast.

We have had luck with worms, corn and crappies minnows. The middle east side and north end by bridge rail is some of the better spots. The north end is the only area I have seen northerns caught.

Are you talking about the little Island lake off of 694? If so I believe it is a nice little lake to get out on you kayak and fish. Many panfish, bass, pike, and the occassion walleye. As stated most panfish are small but the crappie population can put out some good year classes.

Very small lake so rarely do you have to deal with boat traffic. I have not honestly spent a great deal of time on that body of water. A little in the early spring of late fall to test equipment or to get my kayak wet

If you can get out, there are some really nice bass in it and it is also stocked with muskies. The best thing for the kids though is they can run around, have lots of room and even use the playground. My grandkids love it, and if the bass hits while the small pannies are biting the kids have a blast.