Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BassAkwards

Pierz- fish lake

11 posts in this topic

I'm heading out to Pierz this upcoming weekend and not sure if I am going to bring the boat. Anyone fish this lake at all? Is it worth fishing? I'm mainly a C&R bass guy so I guess curious if any bass in there?

Thanks for the help

There are some real nice bass and crappies in there definately worth giveing it a try.

Never fished this lake, where is it? confused.gif

Boat access or private??

East of Pierz on 27 a few miles- public access.

Quote:

East of Pierz on 27 a few miles- public access.

I don't think so. Wrong area.

Is it the one north of Rice Lake, a real small private lake?

I have wanted to fish there, but never found a place to access it. frown.gif

Icehawk, correct me of I am wrong!

I also believe he is talking about the one near Rice lake. Skeets you are right. Definately a private lake and you have to know someone to gain access to it!

fished it this weekend, it is east of pierz on 27, about 2-3 miles from 25. there is a public access. real small but a few nice structure points and strong dropoffs at weedlines. caught some decent bass, 2 at 16 " and the rest a little smaller. few little pike as well.

Man you guys have bad sense of direction its southwest of Genola or Pierz by a few miles. Use to fish it with my grandpa and dada alot when I was a kid, use to be a good sunfish lake especially for a kid but I heard the DNR netted out alot of the sunfish or they were just fished out. Anyways haven't been there since but had some good memories with my mentors there!

Bluegill is the winner!

The lake is mostly west and a little south of Pierz/Genola and it has a public landing.

I havent fished it for about 15 years but we used to get crappies at the bridge by the landing, in the spring. We also used to catch some nice sized bass in the summer fishing the drop offs with a jig and pig.

Nels

I guess the lake I was referring to is called "Pirz" Lake.

IT is near Roscoe in Stearns county.

My Grandpa fished Pierz Fish Lake darn near every day. He used to do very well for panfish and bass, and in the winter he'd set up a spear house. I don't know how old he was when he speared it, but he once speared a 32# northern out of there. They had the picture hanging in their house but the mounting had long since deteriorated. I would guess he was in his 40's or 50's when he got it. That would have been 50+ years ago.