Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big_Cahuna

Lake Bemidji Access

6 posts in this topic

Gents,

Can anyone tell me which access point to use? I have an old Desert Storm Navy buddy coming to visit me in Brainerd. We are coming to fish on Upper Red and Lake Bemidji. I'd like to know where to put in at. Any other bits of info would help us as well. He has never caught a walleye in fact he keeps mis-pronouncing it as well:>) Any suggestions on places to wet the whistle? Maybe a VFW or any congregating place of ex-military. Thanks in advance.

Access Bemidji at Northwoods access. It is located on north end of lake along Bemidji ave. Or Nymore access east of the Hampton Inn. As far as a place to go after fishing the hampton has a bar or I may suggest the American Legion downtown on second street or the Eagles club on washington ave S

There are usually a few of us at the "209" on the same block as the legion.

Sounds great the game plan is to catch a limit of fish and review our strategies at the pub. Some of the ex-military establishments don't serve Guniness so we'll be making our way towards fulfilling that requirement. I think I can gather enough info that everybody has already pitched in so I think we are all set to rock and roll. Thanks again.

Big C

209 has Guiness in a bottle, with an oatmeal stout on tap. The keg n cork has Guiness on tap. (block away)

Brigids Cross is across from Keg n Cork and has Guiness also.

Best place to catch the info on Bemidji Walleyes is corner Chris Haley at 209 smirk.gif.

He likes those walleyes...allegedly wink.gif

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• monstermoose78
      Fun times
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      For winter jigging with Raps I cut off both front and rear hooks and upgrade one size on the middle treble hook. Cliff
    • srj
      Another observation from the tournament and pre-fishing: On LOW I don't usually get very concerned about colors on cranks. However, Friday and Sat, the UV white with pink striped top shad rap was doing about 6 to 1 in the mornings. Afternoons, the gold foil rap was by far our best color. I'm a bit color blind, but pretty sure that UV rap has pink on the top. Wonder what fish actually see...........not much pink striped stuff swimming around the big lake.
    • ANYFISH2
      1/18 Day 4   Day for was exploration Day for the family.  Amanda, the kids, and my mother in law spent a good portion of the hanging out in town.  Shopping and visiting a few of the local attractions.   The father in law and myself decided to pull his boat and go explore a near by lake we have been thinking about.  This would give us s little change of pace.   Fishing actually exceeded our expectations, especially for starting in the early afternoon. Unsure where to start we motored around watching the graph if an area I thought might be good.  after a short while we noticed most marks showed themselves in 18-21 ft on steep breaks.  With the winds blowing we decided to try anchor on top and let the wind drift us over the and bobber fish.  This began to seem unproductive after about 45 mins with no bites, yet we were marking fish.  Out of bordem I decided to raise up 5 ft and cast as far as i could to the top of the break (15ft).  The first 3 casts produced 3 walleyes 15"-18". The bobber never settled before they went down!  The walleyes them slowed but the perch bit really picked up.  Most perch where 9" but a few went as big as 11".   After that spot slowed we hit a few similar spots until we settled on a spot bit deeper but with lots of marks.  This spot would give us pretty non stop action till dark.  With different species rotating through. By the end of the day we caught: 12 walleyes ranging from 11"-21". 5 Pike 20"-30" and one really big one that bit a 10" perch as it was being reeled in by the FIL. Countless Perch, not many under 9"or over 10". And a few dozen bluegills 7.5"-10".   Service here is giving me fits with photos. Hope to post some when i get home this weekend  
    • Hoey
      Perchy - Insured?  If so, the adjuster will have some recommendations, off the record, on places for repair.  
    • Captain Acorn
      For all you jigging rap fans out there are you generally jigging those vertically or on the move.   I seen some discussion earlier on the front hook and one thing that I have heard about that hook is a lot of people do take it off in order to prevent snags. I have donated quite a few jigging raps in the past to rocks on the big V I have donated quite a few drinking wraps in the past to rocks on the big v
    • Perchy
      Help! I need to get estimates to have the transom repaired/replaced on my 2002 Lund due to an accident and have no idea where to go? I live in Owatonna. Thanks in advance!
    • Capt. Quicksteel
      Not on mine either!!   
    • Jim Almquist
      Every store is different as to what they have in stock so if your looking for a specific thing in your size you might have to hit a couple. I went to the Duluth store for my bibs.   Yes a lot of the stuff is still too expensive for going out of business sale prices. 
    • delcecchi
      No fish on my spots....