Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bassNspear

Bay Lake (Crow Wing County)

2 posts in this topic

I am going to be taking a trip up here the first week of September. How has the bass fishing been on this lake. Im not looking for spots, but just want to learn a bit about the lake and here some great information about this lake. Email me if you like. Hope to hear some information.

Thanks all

Bass N Spear,

You'll get more info in the Brainerd Area Lakes forum, much more than here I'm pretty sure... BUT, we used to own a cabin on Bay Lake and I've been back there a couple times fishing over the past 3 or 4 years. I have to say it was the fishing destination more because it's a beautiful lake, not necessarily due to size of fish caught. One can catch plenty of fish w/ minimal effort, but it's the size of fish, not numbers of fish, that seems to lack... A TON of hammerhandle pike will provide action while bass fishing, and we also seem to catch plenty of largemouth as well, but again, size is the issue...plenty of 1 - 1.5 pounders it seems. A lot of years, vegetation is a concern out there with some THICK eurasian water milfoil beds that choke out some of the smaller bays (like those S and W of Malkerson Island, for example). In my opinion, Bay has a lot of stunted fish of multiple species. Plenty of action though, great for the kiddies i guess.