Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
96trigger

Lewiston Sportsman Club

15 posts in this topic

The Lewiston Sportsmans club hosts sporting clay shoots 4 times a year. The 3rd shoot was supposed to be last Sunday morning, the morning of the floods. The club is at the bottom of the hill just outside of Stockton. You have to cross a little creek to get to the club. I'm just wondering how it faired during the flood. I hope it wasn't washed away, its a nice club and range. Anybody have any info?

After seeing what I saw today, I would venture to guess that the little bridge that you cross is gone. Just my guess, I have not been there to check it out. I don't think that the bridge could have taken the divulge of water that was thrown at it. I saw some larger bridges and some major roadways totally gone.

One of the flood victims, John Micheel from Lewiston, was very involved in the Lewiston Sportsman Club.

The Mcheels were good family friends of my in-laws. Mr. Lorenz was also getting pretty darn good with the taxidermy work.

A couple of friends & I were planning on attending sundays shoot.please keep adding updates about LSC.Great place to shoot love the brats.I would have never guessed there were clay shooters in this forum.

Quote:

I would have never guessed there were clay shooters in this forum.

Crazyice, Rugbyguy and I go most every Tuesday evening to the trap range here in Rochester (actually near Chester Woods).

tyler do you guys just shoot trap??? It is open trap or do i need to buy a membership?

ike

Tuesday nights are open trap nights from 7pm-10pm. No membership necessary. There is also open shooting on Sundays from 10am-1pm.

there is also open shooting at Dumfries Sportsmans Club on Thursdays from 7:00-10:00 P.M.

Quote:

there is also open shooting at Dumfries Sportsmans Club on Thursdays from 7:00-10:00 P.M.

Where's that at? Whats the cost? Thanks

Stewartville SC has open 5 stand on Weds. at 6:00 (if memory serves regarding the time). Goes until the last guy is done from what I've seen. Grand Meadow has open shooting on Thursdays.

Byron sportsmans club has sporting clays on thursday nights .shooting starts at 6:30

Dumfries Sportsmans club is located on highway 60 about 5 miles west of Wabasha. Its approximately 45 min from Rochester. It gets most of its shooters from Wabasha and Lake City. We shoot anywhere from 7-14 rounds a night. This year has been light averaging about 7 rounds a night. We have a five post set up and there usually isn't a long wait. We will do special round upon request, (flushing 5, wobble, doubles) as long as we have enough to fill a sheet. The special rounds are usually shot last. I can post directions if anybody wants them. However, the trap season is winding down. We shoot into September until the numbers get too low to open.

There is a special Duck tower shoot on Labor Day starting at I believe 1:00 p.m. The birds are launched from a rear tower about 35 feet in the air. You shoot with a partner under some Burlapped PVC pipe blinds, a true pair is sent out and you have as many shells as the two of you can fire to get the bird. Its a blast, you can easily shoot 75-100 rounds per round.

FYI i was down there last week (lewiston sportsman club) and was unable to get through because of a large tree that had fallen across the road. I went down there again today and the archery range is totally wiped out, and i was unable to get to the rifle range, or the trapshoot area because part of the road had collapsed. However the buildings are still standing.

Update for Byron Sportsman Clup there are 4 shoots left this year & will be starting at 5:30 tonight and the next 3 thursdays thereafter. Due to the sun going down sooner we we are starting earlier.Rumor has it there will be free brats afterward for shooters who attend,byobeverage for after the guns are put away.