Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
instagator2005

depth raider vs cannon vs fish hawk vs moor sub troll

5 posts in this topic

Ok guys, which one is the best for the money?? I really looking at buying one for next year, but wondering which is the best deal!! Any comments

I spent alot of time researching before I bought mine and came to the conclusion that the Depth Raider and Sub Troll were the more popular units. There are pros and cons to both. I have a friend who has a Depth Raider and likes it but also have heard others complain about small relatively minor operational issues on other boards, that can be frustrating. Problem Might be in their set-up...I don't know. I have the Sub Troll and really like it. I have had it for two seasons now and have never had any down time with it....works great. I found Russ at MG to be a great resource for info...I could have gone either way with it but they had special pricing at the time on Sub Troll so went that route. Don't think you would go wrong with either one

Boy!! Thanks for the info, i really can use your input. Do you have to run another cable down downrigger cale then for probe then right?? is that a hassle??

Does anyone use the Cannon speed N temp? I see one of the of 4 or 5 bits of data it relays is % of light at the cannonball. Is it very accurate? It seems usefull! At what % would you use glow lures?Anyone know of any charts showing % of light versus lure selection?

Both Depth Raider and Sub Troll have coated downrigger cables. You take off your original and replace it with their coated cable. Signals go from the probe through the cable and then from an antennae mounted on your boom through a coax back to your unit. Not sure about Canon or FIshawk. The cable is not difficult to change.