Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kyle Sandberg

How do you ask?

18 posts in this topic

How do you ask someone you meet on the lake if they're an FM'er. I'd sound pretty stupid saying "Are you a FM'er" out of the blue.

Anyone on here fish out of a older red smoker craft with a merc on it?

Also, if anyone sees me out on the area lakes driving a 17' blue, full windshield starcraft, stop and say hi.

Just dont come out and ask. Build some repor with them first, before you bring that up. You will know right away if they are or not, by the reaction that you get from them. I always ask people how fishing is first, before i ask them.

and the best part is, if there not part of FM, they usally are after you tell them about the site.

Exactly, and alot people love this site.

You got that right!!!

And they will definitely be intrigued by the wealth of info here!

DID YOU SAY A BLUE SMOKERCRAFT?!?!?!?! YOURE THE $%^^&$## WHO STOLE MY...

JUST KIDDING

I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING ABOUT ASKING OTHER PEOPLE. ALOT OF THE CONTRIBUTERS HERE ARE REALLY DECENT PEOPLE WHO I SURE WOULDNT MIND SHARING A BEER AND FEW LIES WITH.

JUST TOUGH TO FIND...

OH WELL ...

SEE YA AROUND

Thats easy....throw your shoulders back, arms dangling, torso bent backwards at the waist, head and neck jutting out and walk right up to em with the best Kansas City stroll you can muster and say, "Yoe dude! What it be like fishin dude? I mean like, what it is? You get any fish mah man?"

The ice has been broken, then you say, "Hey fishin dude, chief, amigo man, you an FM'er? Whats your handle dude?"

I remember the first time I tried this tactic, I asked this big fella if he was an FM'er and in the commotion of getting off the lake, he thought I had it the other way around and chased me for about a quarter of a mile before he was gassed!

I'm glad he quit when he did, or I might have had to rough him up a bit! I waited until dark to sneak back and get my boat! You know, just so I wouldn't have to hurt the poor fella.

It's a good ice breaker, sometimes a nose, or a jaw breaker to, I must confess, I have been slugged on a couple of occassions....the guys musta belonged to a different organization or somethin, huh? grin.gif

Just look for FM stickers or decals on their boat or truck!

I hate to have to ask this, but where in the heck can I get some decals and such???

Look at the top of this and all FM pages. Behind the HSO logo you will see where to click and go to merchandise pages.

It's that big of a deal?

I don't ask "Are you a member of Fishing Minnesota"...

I ask "Have you ever heard of Fishing Minnesota.Com?"

And they say..."What?"

I reply, "You know, the website...?"

They go, "Huh?"

Then he looks at the other guy in the boat, they both nod their heads, and one says "we're from Maple Grove."

Everytime.

Now that's funny!

Quote:

and one says "we're from Maple Grove."

Have I seen you before on the water? laugh.gif

I don't know if you know this or not, but...this is kind of a big deal.

I have Jiggin Jim's Guide Service on the side of my

Boat. I'll talk fishing with anyone.

I've made conversation with a handful of people at launches mostly. Then asked if they've ever been to the website. If not I suggest they do because it's a valuable asset. If they have I introduce myself as Fever and suggest that they take a look. I really is not a big deal as long as you have some average conversational skills and have something worth while to talk about. It also helps to have a picture of yourself up on you avitar pic. Also helps to post pics of yourself every once in a while with a decent catch to just show your not completely full of it. grin.gif Thanks FM for all the info and the fun. 1st day back at school again and I'm sitting in 7th hour prep.... Man does it look nice outside. mad.gif

I feel you. I'm not a teacher, but sitting in shool staring out the window really makes you want to go fishing when it's a nice day out.