Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishing4fun

Lobster Muskies

9 posts in this topic

Can anyone point me in the right direction on where to start looking for some muskies on Lobster. Only been on the lake once and just looking for some general info. I can also give out my email if you don't want to post on here.

How has the bite been this summer?

Thanks

its a rather small lake, so as any lake like it, i would cruise weedlines adjacent to deeper, COOLER water, and maybe you'll find one hungry. If you get a few to chase, try topwater.

I know of a 52 inch brute that was released this past weekend on Lobster.

My buddy, caught and released it.

I saw the photo today, it is an amazing size fish.

The photo I saw was a 8x10 photo, so no pic to display here. frown.gif

It was the biggest fish he has ever caught in his life.

Thanks for the help. Are the fishing biting on hair, topwater, or jerk-in? I'm just trying to add some odds to my boat since this is going to be a family vacation and I don't know how much time I'll actually get to fish muskies.

Thanks

again.

The big fish was caught on a Rad Dog spinnerbait casted over some shallow weeds.

I caught 2 smaller muskies on Oscar last week, fishing for bass on the outer weedline. The surface temps dropped about 10 degrees with the cooler weather we are having, and that should trigger some more fish to start to feed.

I would mainly throw bucktails, topwaters and of course spinners on Lobster. All of our fish have came on bucktails this year, which was earlier this season if that helps.

I have casted for muskies for the last 5-6 years and have yet to get a legal fish.

My buddy that I brought out Saturday morning hadn't even picked up a baitcasting rod before.

Well, after 3 hours, and about 50 terrible backlashes, he ties into a 41 incher. White bucktail along the weedline.

We didn't have another follow all weekend.

Funny how this sport works. I guess I'll just keep casting...

Any new reports? Are the fish shallow or holding out in the deeper weeds?

Thanks again for the help.