• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Richmond Area Trolling

terrible_fisherman

Anybody have any ideas on trolling in the evenings or at night for eyes in the Richmond area? Typically I do not fish for eyes this time of year but have a cousin coming up for the weekend and wanted to give it a try. [email protected]

Thanks for any information.

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

I personally would give the weedlines on Big fish a shot! There are some real brute eyes in there and night fishing them will be your best option.

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

Yes between Cold Spring and Avon off of county rd 50. Koronis also is a good night time trolling lake, Borch is the master of night fishing this gem maybe he can chime in for a few tips.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

On Koronis work the inside or outside weed edges. So you'll usually run 8-12 fow or 3-5 fow. The night bite has been slow thus far this summer but it should pick up.

I did not realize there was enough water in Koronis to still get the boat in!! I guess all this rain will probably have helped.

Borch: You been out on Rice lately? Am I going to be able to get my boat off the lift? If not I can always just get into the evening eye bite off the end of the dock.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Plenty of water to get the boat in on Koronis even before the rain.

Peter,

I haven't been on Rice for a while now. I'd guess that Rice jumped up significantly after the rain the past week. It usually does anyways.

I was on Big Fish last night, got quite a few LM bass, a few nice crappies, some smaller gills and a few skinny pike.

No luck on the walleyes, I think the water needs to cool off more, or try and do some night fishing.

The water temp was 71 on the main lake.