Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Fish_Whisperer

Boat Storage

Fish_Whisperer    0
Fish_Whisperer

I am new to the Fargo/Moorhead area and have a few questions regarding boat storage in the area:

1. With the winters here, when do you recommend arranging storage for a boat? With this in mind also, when are boats typically pulled out of storage here in the spring?

2. Also would accept any recommendations on reasonable safe storage locations or contact information I can call for pricing. Also not afraid to drive to 1-2 hours from moorhead for storage.

Thanks for any help and/or advice!

onemagnum    0
onemagnum

J & K marine in Detroit Lakes has plenty of indoor storage just north of there store.

eyehunter    0
eyehunter

My neighbor owns a boat sales place in Glyndon. I don't think I can mention the name because he is not a sponser of the site. But, he has a huge building in the back of his showroom building that he put up specifically for winter boat storage. Not sure what he charges, but it would be nice and close to the FM area for you. If you want to e-mail me for the name let me know here and I'll give you my address, or else just take a drive through Glyndon and you can't miss it....it's right on Highway 10 as you're going through town.

Almost forgot, he also has a mechanic that works for him there, so you could probably get your winterizing done there too.

Dahitman44    0
Dahitman44

You need to winterize your boat, but if you like fishing for eyes I would try to wait for the last possible moment. Some of the best action can be in November.

Make sure you cange your lower unit and have it clear of any water.Some people what greese in the spring, I change in the fall so I KNOW there is NO water in the lower unit.

I also run stabil through my old system and have had zero problems in the past. I may do something a little more advanced this year with the new Suzuki 175 4-stroke. Need to take care of that big fella.

copterjohn    0
copterjohn

The old Turkey farm at the intersection of Hwy59 and Becker Co. 6 also has clean indoor storage. Number is on the sign near the driveway. They have a mechanic who can come in an winterize. We leave a car in there each winter. However, I use JK for the boats since they are the Yamaha folks and they take great care of our stuff. labor went up to 89/hr this spring.

Fish_Whisperer    0
Fish_Whisperer

Thanks for all of the rapid replies. I will look into the prices at these three places. I would like to stretch out the season as long as possible (October?) but worried these places fill up after labor day with recreational boats and I definitely do not want to store my boat outside for the winter.

P.S.

This site is great for fishing information. Props to everyone for sharing good information.

Paul    0
Paul

I agree with Hitman, Don't put your boat away to early. Last year I had to actaully break ice off of the shore to get back on shore. Got a limit of walleyes that day we did.

Was on the ice less than 2 weeks later.

Bison9    1
Bison9

Yeah, same here - my buddy and I toughed it out one fiercely cold Pelican night in mid to late November last year. The wind was at 30 mph and the whole boat was covered in ice by night's end... But, nonetheless, we still managed some Pelican eyes!

Fish_Whisperer    0
Fish_Whisperer

So is Pelican the lake to hit in the fall for eyes? Or are other lakes like Big C good. I was here for the the last ice season and ice fished Big C and Lida mostly. Then I put the 4 wheeler in the ice at The Brainerd Jaycess tournament and that killed my fishing for a while. I used my insurance money to buy a boat this spring and the walk through was on Pelican. I liked the pelican launch so I spent the end of spring learning Pelican but stuck to Lida, and Big C during the summer with trips to Winni and Mille Lacs thrown in due to the posts on this site. I have had the most success for walleye on Lida. We did kill the smallies on Pelican in the spring but walleyes were hard to come by for me. I attribute that to the fact that I was learning boat control and the lake at the same time.

I've only done one charter on Lake Erie in the fall for trophy eyes and most of my fall fishing was for Steelhead and Salmon in the rivers of Michigan till I moved here so fall lake fishing in minnesota from a boat will be a first this year for me!

Dahitman44    0
Dahitman44

Fish --

Big C is one of the best fall lakes in this part of the country. Well worth your time.

Use minnows -- don't waste time with anything else.