Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
evinrudespeed

Cross Lk, Pine City

8 posts in this topic

Making a mid-week fishing trip to Cross Lake and Snake River...Wednesday PM and Thursday AM. Does anyone know about the catfish and walley fishing? Haven't fished this area in about a year.

I was up there two weeks ago chasing crappies. One small walleye and a decent size catfish. The walleye by accident as well as the catfish. The cat was in 8 feet and the walleye was 15 feet. the crappies over 30 feet, 20 feet down.

I didn't know the lake had cats.

That lake has everything in it. Sturgeon, Musky, etc etc.

hows the bass fishing up there????????

I have not cought many there...then again, I have not targeted them. There are in there though, and nice sized from the ones that bite my walleye lures.

my uncle and i fished the channel just east of highway 61 during the county fair and had some nice sunnies, while my uncle was realing one in he had a 45-50 inch muskie grab the fish at the boat. he about fell out of the boat to grab the muskie. that made the trip worth it. is cross good for ice fishing. where do people go out of, i would think the channel landing would be open during the winter

I was just gonna ask the same thing...there is an access just above the dam on the east shore.

There are a couple makeshift access points on the the west side of the lake, north half, for winter access. I honestly couldn't give you directions to them, but I can drive to them.

As for quality of ice fishing, you can be the judge. I will say the lake is fished as much in the winter as it is in the summer.