Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cowdy

COULD USE A LITTLE HELP!!

6 posts in this topic

I'm heading up to the "Big-V" in three weeks with a few guys. I've never fished "V" before. Apparently we are parking our houseboat in the south west side of Pine Island.

I would first like to catch some walleys, then small mouth.

Does anyone have any ideas where to fish around that area, and what to use?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

KC

You could read the last few weeks of this board, paying particular attention to Cliff and a couple of other folks. Note the pictures of large bass. Then buy a map.

HAVE FUN AND WELCOME TO VERMILION

You are in a great location for a short trip to some great fishing. Keep reading the posts as you get close to coming up and you will get some great tips that will put you on fish.

Things that are working now may not be in 3 weeks, like they said prior watch for Cliff Wagenbach to post and he will steer you in the right direction. I was at the cabin for 4 days over the weekend, and I found that the Walleyes I was catching were in the 26fow area in the sand. It was windy and had to put out 2 drift socks (hint) to keep the boat slow enough, I dislike fighting the wind with my trolling motor, actually I pretty much drifted for over an hour with no other boats around. Net result was I caught 6 and kept two for dinner. The two I kept were just under 17".

Good luck and enjoy your stay at Vermilion. Darrell Larson.

You may also check out my web page www.vermiliontackle.com as I am trying to keep a weekly post of how the fishing has been going and what people are using. I hope this provides some benefit to you.

Thanks for the replies guys.