Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
beeonkey

report from East Namakan

3 posts in this topic

We just returned from the East end of Namakan and fished walleye in the mornings and evenings, and evenings were the best not much doing in the morning for us. Crawlers on spinners and bottom bouncers did it for us. The fish were coming from deep water to shallow bays to feed. Caught most in 14-to 22 feet. Last Friday we even caught a few on crank baits at noon. The mid day smallies and Northern were great fun. Lots of 17-19” smallies. Spinner baits and top waters, explosive action, nothing better than to watch them jump out of the water after your bait.

Lots of people camping, we looked all over Thursday for a site and only found one, not the best but we grew to like it. As always a great time.

Good luck fishing!!

Thanks for the post. We're coming up labor day week and hoping the fish will keep us busy and fed for a few days. Were there any specific colors that worked better or any specific types of topwaters that worked better than others? Any patterns? Calm vs. choppy water etc.? Just hoping to eliminate as much work as I can before I get up there wink.gif

We did have a breeze and I didn’t think the top water worked as well in the chop. I like the light colors white/chartreuse, blue/white/chartreuse, white, It didn’t really matter.I also like the three blad top water baits. Spinners It also didn’t really matter, we used orange, pink and white, white, chrome hologram, nothing really did better than the other. We trolled at about 1.5-1.8 mph , and cast anything rocks weeds next to shore and even deeper water the smallies will come. wink.gif