Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CROPDUSTER56386

SHOOTING LOW NEED HELP!!!

6 posts in this topic

Over the weekend a couple buddies and i went to a 3D shoot. I am an alright shoot but nothing like one of the guys that was with me he can drive tacs at 50 yds. We go to the shoot started running the course about 4 targets in my buddy started shooting low not just an inch it was bad enough that he had to go to his next pin every time just to hit the target. We checked his sight it was tight,looked at his peep it was tight, the rest had not moved, and he said that his anchor points had not changed. He gave the bow to me to shoot every shot that i made was with the right pin i did not have to pin up and all of them were tight groups. I did 20yds, 30yds, and 40yds all of them were right on does anybody know what is going on with his shooting?

if I had to guess, he changed his grip pressure point.. or was pass shooting?

Would almost guarantee that your buddy is not "following through" with his shots. He probably needs to keep the pin on the target longer after he releases. Believe it or not; you can let your arm down before your arrow leaves the rest. Give it a day or two and try it again.

Probably torqueing his grip.

Hes dropping his bow arm and probably not following through. I missed a nice buck on the river bottom by 2 inches low becasue I dropped my arm. Every practice/shooting session, take 6-10 arrows 10 yards no bullseye and justs concentrate. Say stance, grip, anchor, float, realllleeeaassseee, and follow through as you shoot out loud to your self. The float is supposed to be watching your pin "float" on the target. Dont hold it or its harder to hold but let it go through the motions and youll notice after a while the arcs the sights cover are smaller and maybe not even off the bull. Its good mental practice too for when Mojo shows up under ur stand and youre the equivelent of molten goo.

hey maybe he was standing on a hill grin.gif