Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
def

Storm & Rain

15 posts in this topic

Did the Faribault-Waterville area get hit with the storm & rain?

7" at french lake. shocked.gif

6 1/2 inchs at german lake and the lake is up at least that much and should raise more with the run off

Lakes up almost a foot. YAY smile.gif

Yupper. 7.5 - 8" in 2 days around the Le Sueur area.

I have to get out and check out the upper Cannon River. The lakes along the river shoud have a good bite going if it's up a foot or two.

You must be reading my mind or vice-versa. I'll never forget that advice you gave me about a year ago.

Glad you got some rain. Most lakes were needing it bad. I would guess that you will get some more.

I've been hitting the inflows and haven't had any luck yet only carp as far as I've seen but I bet the fish will start hitting anytime now

The area lakes could have used the low water for another year or to so the lakes could rejuvinate themselves. I understand peoples complaints with access not being high enough, but the lakes have not even come close to any low water cycle "bottom" yet. With the water clarity issues around Mankato the lakes need signifacant drawdowns to settle mud and regrow weeds that are important to the lakes. If the lakes could go down another 1-3 feet for a year or two it wood knock down the curly leaf pond weed that has a strangle hold on our area lakes. With the pond weed down the other weeds would have a chance to take hold again. For my 2 cents worth. The Lake Washington association is destroying the lake with there every year spraying of the lake. No weeds and the lake is the muddiest I have ever seen it in my life. No weeds to break up the wave action and boat wake action.

You make some excellent points. I like the way you think.

I just hope that the tetonka lake association looks what happened to washington before they keep spray here. I was on washington last week, we had a hard time finding a weed bed of any kind. Someone is not telling all they know about the week killer they are using. mad.gif

I agree ken, since they started spraying on Washington its hard to find weeds like there use to be.

You should get on the association.

I am on the board now as of aug. Holy h_)) could happen now. shocked.gifgrin.gif come in back door and blind side them.