• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Is anyone from here gonna be there that weekend? My family and I are staying at the Ladybug Lodge and I wouldn't mind meeting someone from here there and maybe going over to Burntside to try some Laker fishing. Anyone interested? I'll bring lotsa beer, I promise! grin.gif

what kind do ya drink? I'll do darn near anything for good fishing tips- especially for Ely. I love it up there. I drink Coors Light, but whatever you want, I'll bring! laugh.gif

Tisk...Tisk...Tisk... Mr. "Great Outdoors". I am sitting here shaking my head in disbelief that you would allow yourself to be bought with beer like a cheap floosie.

Jimmy4218,

Great Outdoors is a cheap date. He would like some Milwaukee's Best or Natural Light Ice. You might even be able to get away with a bottle of Boone's Farm. Oh, and don't plan on catching anything except a whiff of gas or the smell of an old man who doesn't wear deodorant. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Justin

Well, well, Justin, I cannot believe that my generous offer to share some info would result in such hostility from someone on a fishing forum. You on a fishing forum is equivalent to a chihuahua in a duck blind, albeit an overfed Chihuahua grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Hmmmpf:

An old man who doesn't wear deoderant! mad.gifmad.gif

And this coming from you, a walking garbage can, who has more flies buzzing around him on a hot day than a hive has bees. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

That's it!! No more autographed pictures of me and all my big fish!!! And stop bragging to people that you know me! cool.gif

I could read these posts you two are throwing at each other all day- I take it you two know each other?

Yeah, Jimmy, they know each other. They're so happy being buddies and throwing gibes that the Ely cops have developed a special code when responding to a call that involves both of them.

G.O. and JustinG are a regular Abbot and Costello routine. I'll leave you to guess which has which physique. Hint: Maki sits around in a boat or his store all day (and he's really old) and JustinG works for a living. grin.gif

JustinG works for a living. shocked.gif

The Chubby Buzzard sits around a golf course, even takes the cart to drive to the bathroom when he's in the clubhouse! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Hey, Hey, Hey, now....

Yes, I do work for a living. Anybody who says otherwise doesn't know me too well! grin.gif

As for your chubby comments- I don't think Great Outdoors will be entering a speedo contest anytime soon...well, at least humankind can hope.

And finally, yes sometimes I have to use a cart to go to the bathroom, but not while I am in the clubhouse. I do work outside- I don't think the golfers would like to see me hunched over reading the Echo in the morning on the fairway. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Whew-glad I could easily clear that up!

Justin

And to think I just defended you on the No live bait thread. mad.gif

As for the speedo comment:

Stick my face on Stone Cold Steve Austin's body, same thing! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Sooooo... Anyway are there any takers? I'd really appreciate the opportunity to learn from a seasoned vet on this. grin.gif

I would take you up on your offer, but I have to work that weekend! crazy.gif No rest for the wicked, I guess....

I am hopefully going to get out there and give it a try tomorrow evening-I will let you know what happened.

Later,

Justin

Well, my fishing outing to Shagawa last night was one disaster after another! First, my locator batteries went dead about 20 minutes after I got on the lake, then, I hit a rock with the prop and broke the shear pin off. Of course, I was about a mile or more away from the boat landing stuck with no motor. I start rowing back, and I was just thinking to myself "How could this get any worse?" and one of the oar locks breaks!!!! Good god, I ended up paddling back to the landing with one oar! If I would have brought beer, I just would have sat out there all night! Anyways, I did catch 1 Walleye pretty early before all hell broke loose. I didn't really fish much at all and it sure wasn't during prime time. So, I think one could get some fish out there. I will probably get out and try it after work this week.

Later,

Justin

JustinG

It could have been much worse.

Picture this: Me, slowly trolling along side, sipping a cold one and laughing at you, while you paddled the boat to shore!! cool.gif

Count your blessings, it could have been MUCH WORSE,OHHHHH YEAAAAAH! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Uh-huh, sure thing, Jim smirk.gif

You would have rushed right over to aide the "Fish Master"!! You would have made the right decision by handing over your beer and surrendering your boat over to a real fisherman and paddled my wounded boat back to the landing and loaded it up on my trailer all the while I would have caught you a few nice walleyes so that you could experience what real fish taste like. You would have then given up on smallmouth bass fishing, taken my truck over to the car wash and waxed 'er up for me and put me on your payroll as the ultimate fishing guide and all around master of fishing! tongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

Wanderer- When you use stuff it breaks. When you wash and wax your truck and boat then don't use it as much as Jim does, stuff lasts forever. Hey, you should see the new photoshop program he has on his computer- you would think he actually caught those fish in the Angler!!!

Oh....Oh...Oh... 2 points go to JustinG! tongue.gif

PS Wanderer, got the boat all fixed up for $4.00...Game on Baby!!

cool.gifcool.gif

I wasn't knockin your boat -- just your luck!! And by no means your fishy senses... wink.gif

And I'm still waiting for my cell phone pics to be photo shopped. They wouldn't enlarge with any clarity. I didn't realize I had size settings on the phone when we snapped em.

Soooo maybe G/O can help me out????? smile.gif

Yo, Justin,

After reading your latest rant, hope you're not driving since you are obviously under the influence of alcohol smile.gif

I'd like to correct a spelling error on Wanderer's post:when he referred to your fishy sense, he actually meant fishy scents!! laugh.gif

Probably got the fishy scent from my boat. smirk.gif

Your boat smells like Mary Kay cosmetics ever since you started selling the product. smile.gif

PS-I've stood downwind of you, wouldn't hurt if you put a few gallons of that stuff on yourself grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Ok, Mr. Foo-Foo Candleman,

I come out of your store in the winter time smelling like plumeria or vanilla or lavender so bad that my wife thinks I have another girlfriend. It is so bad that auger exhaust or an hour sitting at the Kwazy Wabbit won't cover it up!

Why don't you just wear a bathrobe to the bait shop and replace all the doors in there with curtains or beads. Start burning some incense and put some soothing arabian music in the background. You could also wear a turbine and teach yoga down at studio north in the evenings! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

The "Fish Master" strikes again!

Your wife would know if you had a girlfriend by the wool and straw on your shirt!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Plumerlia, Vanilla, or Lavender???? confused.gif

Hell, I don't even know what those smells are! smirk.gif

Must be a Mary Kay exclusive!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Ha Ha Ha!!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Oh, man-I think I better call it a night! Take care there, Sheik Hassan-Maki!!! grin.gif

Justin

I'll be showing up on September 7th (Friday) and I'm staying at the Ladybug Lodge (great people) and was hoping to hit Burntside either Saturday or Sunday. Either of you guys going to be there? I could bring a friend along if you like as well (baaahh!!) blush.gif

Great Outdoors- what store do you own in ely?

Jimmy, Great Outdoors owns, well, Great Outdoors.

He DOES sell a little bait and a few jigs, but mostly he peddles handmade candles to the gentry. grin.gif

jimmy4218

What that old geezer Foss said grin.gif

Great Outdoors at 419 East Sheridan St., next to Mike's Liquor, one block down from Zup's grocery store. cool.gif

Jimmy if you can figure out how to send an e-mail of the lake ( map ) I could mark up some of the spots the associate and I found to be good when we were up there last week.