Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jtd993

Any restaurants on Cass Lake?

6 posts in this topic

Rather than taking a break from the water and driving to town or heading back to the cabin, is there a restaurant on the lake that one could dock the boat and grab a bite?

Pike Hole, Stoney Point and Chippewa Paws. They all have full menus and Stoney Point is shaping their act up... the food is becoming pretty darn good. Pike Hole is know for it's burgers and Chippewa Paws has good Italian Beef Sandwiches.

Good Luck!

Ken

thanks- are these all resorts on the lake? I thought Pike hole was up the river or something. Or can I get there by boat from cass? By the way, the little diner on by the tracks coming into town has the best pancakes I've ever had! Can't remember the name though.

The little diner by thr RxR tracks is the 371 Cafe. I see they have a 'for sale' sign out front. Hope the new owners keep the food up to par!

You can boat to all 3 of the above metioned restaurants. The Pike Hole is in Pug Hole lake which is connected to Cass on the north end... very easy to get to and plenty of docks. Chippewa Paws is just north of the dam, I've only driven there but they have limited docking, and Stoney Point is on the South end by the city...

Good Luck!

Ken

Labs,

I don't know if I would say the Hole is "easy" to get to. Depends on the water level and your boat. I know that the water was ok this year but a few years back it was nip and tuck whether we could get past the sandy bottom, pretty shallow. But well worth getting to! Love those Pike Holer half pounders.

Windy

Easy in relative terms! grin.gif Easy to find would be more accurate. I've had to get out a couple times the last 2 years and walk my boat through... most guys with a 17' and under aluminum boat have not had problems.

Last fall we heard of a hot crappie bite on Kitchi. My buddy and I both got out and tried to push my boat through the opening, but the water was so low that there was no way to get it into Pug Hole. We got hung up on the bottom every which way we tried. We literally only had about 8-9" of water under the boat! The level has hung in there much better this year. I drove my boat in there 3 weeks ago with no problem, the water was at least 1 1/2' - 2' deep.

Good Luck!

Ken