Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wallyhunter66

Yamaha and G3 boats????

14 posts in this topic

OK guys, I am looking at a new G3 boat a 172C with a yamaha 115 fourstroke on it, it seems like a nice boat. It doesnt seem to be a flashy crestliner or lund but seems well made and solid, anybody have one, and hows it holding up? Yamaha outboards seem good too, any thoughts on them???? My family and i have always had evinrudes/johnsons and mercs any thoughts??? the package seems pretty nice for the money. any feedback by owners or people who know owners would be great. thanks guys!!!!

I have never ridden in once. Seen em on the water. As for the motors, I love my Yami motor. 4 stroke 150. Quite running, excellent gas mileage, and gets from point a to b in a hurry. If they make boats like they do wheelers, bikes, and motors, im sure its a good buy.

wallyhunter was that you loading your boat friday night on clear i was just putting in nice looking rig

I hear they are pretty good boats. As for the Yamaha motors they are great. If you are dealing with the dealer from Waseca. They are great and will take care of you like no other.

You can't beat Yamaha. As for the boat, I would lean more towards an Alumacraft if it's not a Lund you're after. I know G3 has had a lot of hull problems but perhaps those things have been ironed out and they're good to go. It's something to check on.

Good luck with your new purchase whatever you decide to do.

Not sure for the boat but I have had a yamaha 150 for 4 years "trouble free" as long as you can keep them out of the rocks!!! :grin as for the alumacraft I have had 3 1 was a 2xb hull and all 3 have leaked however only one was purchased new and the others were someone else headaches so to speak

No bluebill it wasnt me, i havent decided to get the boat yet, but i sure do like the boat and cost!

Hey T.O. what kind of problems? i think it might be helpful to be armed with a little more knowledge of the problem before i discuss it with the dealer. thanks T.O. todd

Leaking along with some cosmetic issues like peeling paint, etc.

Well guys i got the boat, delivery on wednesday, 172c with 115 yamaha, minkota maxxom pro in front vantage on back, wave wackers, lowrance lcx 27c, on board charger, sony am-fm cd player, cover, air ride seats(all 4) sliders on 3, tilt no feedback steering. im a happy camper er fisher that is. bye the way T.O. the dealer said they did have some problems 8 to 10 years back, but they worked out all the problems and yamaha put alot of money in the factory to make them a world class boat. plus he said the warranty will take care of it if something happens. but he said he hasnt had those problems in 7 or 8 years! none not 1. so that made me feel better. i also talked to 3 others who own the boats and they say no problems with the boat, accessories yes but not the boat, and G-3 took care of them, also nice to hear!! grin.gif

Congrats on the new rig.

thanks T.O. I'll let you all know how it is on the water this weekend, hopefully, i have a full month and a half work and other responsibilities i have to do but as soon as i get out ill put up a post and let ya know. cool.gif

I just got home from work and I'm really excited, can't wait to get the boat I should have it around 2:30 this afternoon!!! confused.gifgrin.gifcool.gif

Congrats on the new rig. Have fun! It should be a blast!