Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
def

Bullheads

11 posts in this topic

Can any one tell me where we might catch some decent bullheads around nest lake or where ever? Yow I know, but I am from Iowa & old.

Thanks

Chester

I catch some big bullheads on diamond,from the county park access along the north shore there in 8-20 ft.I tried it there for walleyes with fatheads and got enough for a meal (Bullheads)while not really tryin for em.Yes I'm from Minnesota and I eat and like bullheads.Other than that I dont target them.

I'm from minnesota and I don't eat them, but I have had good luck catching them (not on purpose) on Long lake (hawick). I was trolling lindy rigs with crawlers.

Thanks for the info. We will give them a try in about 4 weeks.

Chester

If you want bullheads throw out crawlers by the golfcourse inlet on willmar lake you might hook a couple channels there to its a easy spot from shore.

Thanks sniper9. Would that be on the north end of the lake?

Yes the northeast side you cant miss it. good luck!

Hey all, this post reminded me of one of my favorite childhood memories, of Grandpa cooking bullheads and eggs for breakfast. That was in Litchfield and if I remeber right it was yellow bellys one after the other on Star? Lake. But that's 30 years ago. Mmmm Mmmm gonna have to have that again!! smile.gif

Try the outlet on the eastside of Wagonda right where it goes under the road into little Kandi.

Thanks for the info. We will be there two weeks from today for a week.. Will let you know how we do. We have always had good luck fishing Nest. Hope to fish some other lakes too this year.

On the Nest after approx. 7 p.m. we always get them from the dock fishing with bobber and any kind of bait. Depth 3-5 feet.