• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Will there be any "The Sox are in last place!" threads started here?

Spinner1

Fishy/Geno,

I think I am one of the most realistic fans out there. What other Pale Hose fan called them out earlier this year than me? I would have to point the finger at the Cubbie Kool Aid sippers out there who think every year is "the year" only to refer to the phrase that they have worn out for 99 years.....WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR!

Sorry for the misread Fishy, but I had to mention the fact that you guys have much more attractive "bait" that is unsigned than the Pale Hose and they appear to be in play with the "tightness" of your owners wallet.

Windy

I hear ya. Mr. Pohlad is going to have to loosen up the purse strings if the Twins are going to remain a playoff hopeful. That said, I think Torii stays and Johan is traded this off season when his value and the teams leverage will be the highest. I would be o.k. with that if we get a solid arm, a David Wright type 3rd baseman and an appropriate amount/level of prospects. The last time the Twinks traded a big time Cy Young winner they got a few pieces that helped them get the '91 title.

I want Johan to stay but when you see what some other big names have signed for in the past couple of years (Buehrle, Zito, Zambrano, etc), I just don't see it happening here.

Sounds like a possibility Fish.

Windy

Hey Windy,

This is in response to Hunter patrolling the green grass, I saw this this morning and I bet he will be there...

White Sox targeting Twins free agent

Posted: Thursday August 23, 2007 07:44AM ET

White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen, who once described Scott Podsednik as "unreliable" because of his injuries, wouldn't say if this latest injury sealed Podsednik's departure after this season. The Sox will address several areas during the off-season, particularly center field with Minnesota free agent Torii Hunter as a target.

Wild,

I have a pulse on things here on the Southside and I heard a while ago that he was on the radar screen. I also have some inside stuff that is a long shot but I hear there are some number crunchers who are trying to figure out what it would take to get another beloved Twink out of his uniform and into the silver and black. Seems like we may be looking for another left handed starter!!! You heard it here first, just like the Tori story. AJ, To and Yo. Sounds like a nice trifecta. Strength up the middle right? Catcher, Pitcher and Center Field.

Windy

Windy, why would you want those guys?

Just last year you were talking how Johan would only be the 4th best starter for the Sox.

It really doesn't matter. No way in hell do either of those guys end up with the Sox. We hear these kinds of rumors about every team in the MLB. Everybody thinks they have a shot. smirk.gif Anyway, what would the Sox have to offer up to trade for Johan? Sorry, but it will take at least one bonafied well above average MLB player at 3B, plus a pile of top prospects.

Willy,

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Hunter deal may be a done deal, just not for public consumption yet and as for Mr Santana, who said anything about "trading" for him. They are looking at free agency pick up. I guess if we got used to AJ catching for us and Dennis Rodman on the Bulls then we can get used to Tori and Yo.

Windy

You must work for the WhiteSox eh? ooo.gif

Hunter does that he automatically goes from Minnesota's most beloved to enemy #1.

As far as getting Johan through FA, if we know we won't be able to sign him, he will be traded. We can't let a guy like that walk for nothing.

Hunter is good as gone after this year. Its all about the benjamins these days, there is no player loyalty in this day and age, and its a business to these guys.

If you want Johan before 2009 it will have to be a trade since he is signed through next year.

I'm right there with you Wild, I agree.

Fish, I think that may be the plan, get Hunter this year and line up the Benjamins for Yo next year. Twinks will probably be all ears with trades for Yo prior to that and I am sure there will be tons. Not sure that we can lure him away from the east coast. If I was a betting man I would say Yo will probably be a lot closer to the Atlantic Ocean than Lake Michigan or Superior within the next year or two.

Windy

Windy,

You ARE a betting man!

(your favorite is poker, but you'll be displaying a Cub logo AGAIN in a few days).

Geno,

So far we are even up for the year. I got April and May, you got June and July. When my boys turn things around and your boys go in the tank I wil be on top. It may not happen in Aug but Sept is right around the corner and the Cubbies are used to tanking in Sept, right? (see 1969) LOL

Come on Geno, sing along with me....To Dream The Impossible Dream....

Windy

Hey Geno...The Sox were 12-16 last September and your Cubbies were 11-17. That said, the Sox were in a pennant race and still couldn't muster up some quality ball while your squad was already making tee times. Reverse those scenarios and I see your team coming out hot this Fall.

Double up on your bet.

Notice how he once again tried to divert attn from the facts by bringing up ancient(1969) history?

As of this am, my Cubbies had a 9 game lead in wins over Windy's "p"alehose. Cubbies can play .500 (18-18) and the WSox would have to go .750 (27-9) over the last 36 games for them to TIE.

I wouldn't even need to take 'insurance' if I double up with the ol' SSide Windbag.

Geno,

You know I am a betting man so I am going to need some odds here to lure me into a sucker bet. What are the odds of my "p" ale hose catching your Cubbies this season....100 to 1 sounds about right, maybe even 1000 to 1. Let me know, I have never met a sucker bet I didn't consider. LOL

PS You know I had to throw in the 69 salt whenever the situation presents itself!

Windy

Who 2 years ago were The champs and now have the worst record in baseball.

Grasshopper,

You truly have a keen eye for the obvious!

Windy

You want odds? OK, there, Mr. SSide PokerMan.

You laid down the gauntlet about the WSox making a comeback so you musta just been trolling and not really serious if you think you need odds.

This weekend was the nail for the WSox.

I didn't think there were that many bananas or monkeys that there could be that many "beatings", but it sure was fun to listen to (no power for 3 1/2 days so I had to use the old AM radio)

After this weekend's anhilation by the RSox over the WSox,

I could give you 10,000 to 1, heh?

But don't bet on it!

I don't need to change my bet as I am quite satisfied.

You know that you will be displaying that beautiful Cub logo again and again - and that's the way, uh huh uh huh, I like it!

PS Please don't respond to the odds or another bet as it will only fall on "first place" ears.

Geno,

I have been and still am in the "dark" here on the southside. We have been without cable tv, phone or internet since Friday. I am on the computer at work right now. I could not witness the BoSox beat down that went on this weekend so in my mind, it never happened!!! LOL

Looks like I will just have to satisfy myself with all my Brew Crew and Red Bird cheering this season. It will have to be an ABC month of September...ANYBODY BUT THE CUBBIES!!!

Windy

Good one Windy.

I suppose since the WSox have gone from "the Best Last Place Team" to just about the "Worst" last place team, you can not be blamed for turning your attn to anti-Cubbieism cheering.....I'd do it for you in a heartbeat....and you are right that now is putup or shutup schedule time.

Twins are coming on too, though, so don't forget about their competition when you are cheering.

And good luck with the power...3 1/2+ days was boring and expensive...and I was so dumb/stubborn (Polish/German) that I eneded up with food poisoning - in bed Sat at 6 and last night at 5pm. My son almost took me to the hospital on Sat night.

Took me 51 yrs to learn this:

Do NOT, I repeat do NOT, eat day-old/warm liversausage!

I will never take another chance with food again.

Geno,

Isn't that the new "splurge and purge" diet? LOL Still no cable, phone or internet on the southside. My DVD of the 2005 season is getting a work out, that and my 1985 Super Bowl shuffle DVD. We are the Bears Shufflin Crew.........

Windy

Not enough splurging going on Sat night...but I'm doing better now - sure got a taste for a PikeHole Mushroom/Swiss.

BTW, a 3-0 preseason doesn't a SuperBowl make!

Go Packers!