Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Spinner1

Will there be any "The Sox are in last place!" threads started here?

Spinner1

Just checking, I don't want to miss it.

grin.gif

SledNeck

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

Thats what the highest payroll in the central gets you.

zamboni

I was going to. 2 years removed from winning the world series and not losing any major players and in last place- sad.

Cicada

I think I'd control myself. The Twins seem to be heading the same direction. I'd feel like a little kid chanting, " Your team sucks more than my team!"

Spinner1

You are right Cicada. It certainly isn't over yet. As far as the first to worst thing goes, I think most teams are only a couple players away from either extreme. I am very surprised to see the Sox where they are right now though. The pitching was suspect last year, but they could flat score some runs.

knoppers

a KC win and another sox loss, does it get any better grin.gif

IFallsRon

bla bla bla tallest dwarf ...

Fishin Beast

Poor White Sox grin.gif

Windy City Walleye Hunter

Cicada,

You are wise beyond your years, grasshopper. However, at the moment, the Windy City has the dubious honor of possessing both the best last place team....

AND THE WORST FIRST PLACE TEAM!!!

Windy

SledNeck

Will the sox make any player moves to avoid finishing in last place???

mnwild

They signed Dye to an extension and Mike Myers, does that count?

genegodawa

Windy,

And I thought ("they are dead to me") you didn't care anymore?

You forgot to mention the WSox are also the best last place team on an 8 game losing streak.

And they are the best last place team to get swept by the NL Central Leading Cubbies this year (which just may have been the start of their slide).

Oh yeah, and they must be the best Pitching rotation in all of baseball and still be in last place.

GO KC!

PS I told CNY Tim you might be a jinx on his Cards....keep rooting against the Cubbies.

Sled,

Ditto, Dye and Meyers. Looks like they are trying to pose to make those season tix holders think they are serious about next year. Buehrle already in at 56 Mil. I will wait to see if they pop some of the big boys who will be on the market. Word around here is that they are looking at Tori. We shall see.

Geno,

Popping off and sounding cocky, that is just where I want you. All the more sweeter when the Cubbies come crashing down. And we all know they will come crashing down, not a matter of if but when!!! Having already given up on this season it is nice to just sit back and pick off the weekest members of the herd! LOL

Windy

PierBridge

Signing dye was Huge although it had little to do with season ticket holders for the Sox as if there was such a thing in Sox land... grin.gif

I think the rest of the league is quite happy Buerle was signed yes even the Twins who have struggled against him.

The Sox as bad as they are are not as far away from contending again as most would like to believe.

Go Ozzie! grin.gif

genegodawa

Windy,

Just stating facts which are certainly true so they can't be taken as cockiness.

Not looking good right now, though, especially if they can't continue after this downpour.

Oh yeah, and if anybody should know what it feels like to come crashing down, it is the BEST LAST PLACE TEAM and their No. 1 FM fan.

Geno,

I still have the glow in my eye from my shiny World Series Champions ring. It is two years old but still shines brighter than anything on the North Side of town. Still sounds like you are starting to feel your oats and I am just trying to help ease your pain that is coming....and it is coming because...THEY ARE THE CUBS! We got ours, when are you going to get yours???

Windy

zamboni

Quote:

Geno,

I still have the glow in my eye from my shiny World Series Champions ring. It is two years old but still shines brighter than anything on the North Side of town. Still sounds like you are starting to feel your oats and I am just trying to help ease your pain that is coming....and it is coming because...THEY ARE THE CUBS! We got ours, when are you going to get yours???

Windy

I'd go easy fella- if not for 2005 they haven't won a Series since 1917. 3 Worlds Series championships since the teams existance (1904 first year as White Sox) not exactly the Yankees, huh?

tongue.gif

Sorry, but I cheer on the Cubbies, I know you're just Gene some crud, but I thought I would give some back

Zamboni,

I am not comparing my beloved to the Yankees, I am comparing them to THE CUBS!!! And we got MO! This has been going on since the dawn of time when Ogg and Mogg the first two cavemen in Chicago, at the time called Chee Caw Go started arguing over which dinosaur was faster. And now it has morphed into me and Geno. It's all good, we are just two middle aged goofs havin fun in the Windy!

Windy

genegodawa

It is fun with all of us.

Thanks for getting my back, Zamboni.

fishyguy

Quote:

Having already given up on this season it is nice to just sit back and pick off the weekest members of the herd! LOL

Windy

Can you really sit and pick off the weakest members of the herd when you are the herd member already being circled by the vultures? grin.gif

Watch out there Fishy,

There are lots of eyeballs out there with fatter wallets than the Twinks and they have Mr. Santana and Mr. Hunter in their sites. Would not surprise me at all to see Mr. Hunter patrolling the green green grass of US Cellular very soon!!!

Windy

genegodawa

Beautiful, Fishy, just beautiful! Well said.

fishyguy

Isn't Torii public enemy #1 down there because your sissy of a catcher couldn't take a legal hit?

The way I see it the Sox only have one thing in their favor and that is the bigger wallet than our Twinks. Outside of that, they have many things working against them. They are on a downhill slide and have some holes to fill in a pitching staff. They have some aging veterans that are breaking down. They have AJ. And if I remember right, Torii hasn't been too appreciative of some of the trash they have talked after getting beat out by the Twins.

That said, I think the Mets, Yanks, Red Sox and possibly the Cubs are closer to competing for a title than your Pale Sox and have wallets just as large or larger.

fishyguy

Quote:

Beautiful, Fishy, just beautiful! Well said.

When it is sitting there looking as big as a John Garland fastball what choice do you have but to swing hard.

genegodawa

And hit it far.