Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bison9

Pelican Inquiry

14 posts in this topic

Hey all, I woke up today, it feels like football weather and this means that it's time to go to Pelican and soon! I'm throwing around maybe going today... I haven't been there since last November and I usually don't fish it at this time of year... What would you all use? shiners? leeches? or crawlers? Also, what depths should I focus on and what kinds of structure? Any answers would be greatly appreciated! Good luck to all!

Bison --

Good to hear from you.

Shiners have been the ticket. Leeches also have been producing.

Some of the fish have been full of shiners. They have been tough to find at bait stores but the fish seem to find them in the lake.

A couple of weeks ago we caught them in 25-32 feet. Last week we found them in 20 feet along the weed line. I have not been out this week yet.

We have been working the mansion area hard and the mid-lake humps as well.

Go get them!

Hit

Right as I was posting this message, the Boss Man came back with a bunch or work for today... So, no dice on Pelican today, but soon! Thanks for the info!

Bison I'll take your spot for fishing then. Going to be heading out shortly. Heard a rumor that if you weren't in the weeds you werent near the fish. We'll find out tonight.

Code -- did you read my post -- 20 feet along weed line.

Maybe that was the rumor he was referring to smile.gif

You never can tell with the Old Codeman -- sometimes he falls asleep at Da Wheel. grin.gifgrin.gifcool.gif

Saw some guys fishing pelican today inbetween Stroms and that Club on east shore drive. They fished the same pattern all day, I saw a few fish in the net.

Hitman you should have been in the boat with us. Lots of 10inchers again tonight. Tried a 90 degree break and nothing was there tried deep tried shallow nothing there. Went to a midlake hump just off of that spot and got the 10 inchers. 20-21 feet of water. Nothing worth keeping so went back to the first spot when the sun came out and nothing was there. Tied on raps and trolled around and got norts bass and sunny. No walleyes worth keeping. Probable had about 20 in the boat

Code --

Story of my life. wink.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifcool.gif

Going to hit it on Wednesday night -- anyone else had any luck lately?

Was out two days ago, caught one 12" on a bottom bouncer + shiner, caught three nice ones at night cranking.

Does anyone else know of anything else going on?

Me and a couple of buddies tag-teamed Pelican last night. We had 4 guys in 2 boats. The bite was pretty slow. We managed to get 6 fish in each boat with the biggest being 12 inches in each boat. Almost all of the fish came on minnows. Had one on leeches. It was strange, but the bites stopped at 8p.m. instead on getting better.

Had a couple of nice bites, but missed those. Caught some snakes and perch as well. Some knucklehead in a Jetski kept zipping around us. That was not nice. mad.gif

Maybe we should have gone to Big C.

Hit.