• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Here cubby, cubby, cubbbies :^)

CNY Tim

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Windy City Walleye Hunter

• genegodawa

• CNY Tim

• PierBridge

No way CNY,

Here's to the Red Birds dying like dogs for the next two games. I want Geno to earn this playoff berth. We got to see him sweat a little, kind of like when my boys nearly blew a 15 game lead and had to hang on by their fingernails before blowing everybody away in the playoffs in 05.

The stronger the breeze, the tougher the trees. Here's to the Brew Crew Breeze! Can the poor Cubbie saplings hold up??? Geno, your answer is........

LOL

Windy

He's sweating right now.... grin.gif.....this isn't even close to being over the Cubs have not beaten the Marlins since April 2006 thats 9 games in a row against a dreadfull team. If that streak continues..... crazy.gif

Remember Geno,

Pepto and Jack Daniels

That should do the trick, it worked for me during Sept of 05!

Don't forget my roller coaster analogy. Are you on the way up.....or DOWN???

LMAO

Windy

I forgot about the coaster saying.

Like Alfred E. Neuman I say, "What, me worry?"

You know what worry is like?

Worrying is like being on a rocking chair - it gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere!

Geno,

Speaking of rocking chairs, you have to be as nervous as a long tail cat in a room full of rocking chairs! (insert rim shot here)

PS: I could see you as the Alfred E. Neuman type LOL

Windy

Yep, back in the days of my yute.....MAD and CRACKED...and Superman and Batman and the occassional Archie - god, was Veronica hot or what?

So Geno,

Are your Cubbies going to take this thing the way the Germans took over Poland....

They marched in backwards and everybody thought they were leaving! (insert rim shot here)

I guess you will take em any way you can get em. Looks like the Cubbies will go 0-5 and pray the Brew Crew dump a few so they can back into the playoffs.

Windy

Both the Cubs and Brewers were lucky the Cards were so beat up this year that they couldn't field their regular team for most of the season.

I really don't understand that whole "backing in" deal....the winner has more wins than the 2nd place team FOR THE SEASON, not just in the last week of the season.

More wins is more wins no matter when they come.

And I just hope my Cubs are saving their wins for the playoffs.

Quote:

I really don't understand that whole "backing in" deal....the winner has more wins than the 2nd place team FOR THE SEASON, not just in the last week of the season.

More wins is more wins no matter when they come.

Good one Geno right from the Horse's "windy" mouth "see 05 whitesox collaspe"

Your right getting into the playoffs is all that matters the last 2 World series winners were playing the worst baesball of all teams entering the playoffs.

It's baseball anything can and will happen! grin.gif

Geno,

I was just giving it back to "youz guyz" that were busting my hump in 05 when, according to all the FM'ers, my beloved Pale Hose were "backing into" the playoffs. Glad a few of you remember, (Pier). The only difference so far is that my Pale Hose actually closed the deal, yet to be seen what your Cubbies will do....Only time will tell!

Windy

So Pier,

According you your theory, the Cards were playing the worst baseball going into the playoffs??? Correct me if I am wrong (CNY feel free to chime in) but didn't the Cards get Rolens and Pujols (or was it somebody else) back just at the right time for their playoff push. I remember them getting hot just at the right time. Yes they had the worst overall record but I thought I remember them getting hot just at the right time.

Windy

All I remember about '05 was hoping the WSox would collapse to erase the Chi-town memories of '69.

But, alas, they came through when they had to....if you count HR's by Posednik and that other no-name/utility guy as coming through and not just plain ol' luck. But I digress as that is ancient history now.

It will be interesting this last weekend in the NL - lots of teams still have a chance. Like I said before, I'll probably be drinking heavily on the last day of the season.

Join me, why don't you? If you like kool-aid, that is!

Quote:

the Cards were playing the worst baseball going into the playoffs??? Correct me if I am wrong

OK I'll correct you being wrong... grin.gif

The Cardinals entered the final weekend of the regular season as a team beaten, bruised, battered and on the verge of the biggest collapse in baseball history with an 8 1/2 game lead on Sept 20th....DOUBLE DOH!

The Cardinals opened a four-game set on the last weekend of the season Thursday, Sept. 28, against the Brewers in desperate need of a win.

They dropped the first game of the series, marking their ninth loss in the past 11 games.

The Cardinals won Friday night, Saturday, and clinched the division title on Sunday and ended the season 83-79.

I wouldn't consider that playing great ball down the stretch... grin.gif

Even Tim gave the Cards no chance in the playoffs....I had to constantly remind him of your success and my slogan "anything can and will happen in Baseball"... grin.gif

Well I guess we will all have to subscribe to Pier's theory that anything can happen in baseball......

Like the Cubbies dumping their last 6 games to teams that have not seen the Mason Dixon line since May or

The Brew Crew running off 3 straight against a hot Padre team looking to make the playoffs

Yep, I am all in with Pier's theory.

Windy

Geno,

Here is my secret message of the day for you. See if you can crack the code. LOL!

!sffoyalp eht otni sdrawkcab gnihcram og seibbuC eht gnihcram, gnihcraM

Windy

So Pier,

What you are saying about the Cards was that they went into the Playoffs winning three out of three games. Sounds like a team on a roll to me, not one that is beaten. And I guess the rings on their fingers are a testament to that point.

Windy

Anything can happen in baseball... Got a first class education in that last season was very very fortunate there was a silver lining in that cloud wink.gif

I got some satisfaction last night watching the Cards Joel Pinero 3 hit the highly potent Met offense. Of course Albert was Albert and we got the job done. The only thing that I was hoping for was Molina to come off the bench when Heilman was in there tongue.gifblush.gifgrin.gif. Poor Pedro shocked.gif

I kind of like this spoiler deal adding to the Met's collapse... Go Phillies!

Quote:

So Pier,

What you are saying about the Cards was that they went into the Playoffs winning three out of three games. Sounds like a team on a roll to me, not one that is beaten.

If that makes you feel better about being wrong so be it!... grin.gif

Quote:

And I guess the rings on their fingers are a testament to that point.

Windy

More so to my point of "anything can and will happen in the Baseball" see 87 twins, 05 Sox, 06 Cards. grin.gif

Yep,

The Pale Hose in O5 were a very lucky team, probably one of the worst teams in history to get lucky 99 TIMES during the season!!!!

Then they really got lucky in the playoffs, going 11-1 with 4 complete games in a row, I don't know how they got their pants on over the horseshoes that were planted in their backsides. What a lucky team they were.

Keen observation Pier!

Windy

Quote:

worst teams in history to get lucky 99 TIMES during the season!!!!

I think your missing the point "as usual" of anything can and will "eventually in your case" happen in Baseball.

I didn't say anything about the Sox getting lucky inspite of nearly blowing a 15 game lead and being on pace to break the all time single season MLB Wins in a season record and not even winning a 100 games.

My point was even after 80 years or whatever the dreadfull number was of not winning a World series that anything can happen.

Keen observation on your part....I think not!

GO CUBS! .... grin.gif

It's all in the law of averages....the WSox were lucky enough to hold on and have Posednik and that other great (sic) HR hitter come thru and have their greatest pitching staff in history (where are they now?) finish 4 games in order to get them all a ring. But now the law of averages has come back to put them in their place. Like I said before, the best thing about them being so bad is not listening to all that crap about AJ.

We all know that even a blind squirrel.....hope my Cubbies are blind in one eye and can't see outta the other by the end of this weekend.

PS Pier, Windy doesn't usually miss the point - he ignores it.

Now Geno,

Don't be going and telling an outsider from Twinkieville about my secrets! LMAO

PS: Speaking of secrets, did you break my secret code yet?

Windy

I could break it if I could read backwards....but I choose to ignore it instead. Nyuk, nyuk.

Here you go Geno, enjoy your final payoff with the following words of wisdom......

DIAMONDS ARE A GIRLS BEST FRIEND

GO DIAMONDBACKS!!!!!!!!

Windy

That is such a beautiful avatar....since I won so many consecutive months, i think you ought to keep the avatar as long as the Cubs are still in the playoffs.

When does the WS end, anyway? End of Oct?

C'mon Windy, keep it all month will ya?

Hey Geno,

I mentioned the other day that I am going to join you on that Cubbies bandwagon now that my Twinkies are done, which got me to thinking that I may need an October avatar myself. I find that one Windy has to be awfully attractive. Do you think you could post that link or whatever I may need to use it?

PS...I stocked up on the blue Kool Aid. How does it go with the Jack Daniels anyway?

Attaway Fishy.

For the avatar, I think you can right-click on Windy's, then do a "save as" to your pc, then upload it.

If that don't work, I can send you an email if you want just lemmee know.