• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Here cubby, cubby, cubbbies :^)

CNY Tim

Here come the surging Cards Geno should be a good show... I'll watch em today and Sunday. Saw Ned Yost's interview yesterday after the sweep, he's ran out of things to say to get the brew crew to turn it around. grin.gif

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Windy City Walleye Hunter

• genegodawa

• CNY Tim

• PierBridge

CNY,

I thought you would be "chirping in" any day now. Is there room on the big red bird bandwagon for a poor misguided Pale Hose fan who spends his day drooling and watching two year old replays of Scotty Pods tater?

Did I mention that my two favorite teams are the White Sox...AND WHO EVER IS PLAYING THE CUBS!

GO CARDS!

Windy

Did you see this today..Alot of money his way..

Cubs ace Carlos Zambrano has agreed to a five-year, $91.5-million contract extension to remain with Chicago, SI.com has confirmed.

Zambrano will receive a sixth-year option for $19.25 million as part of the deal. A source told SI.com the contract includes a complete no-trade clause.

"chirping" - Good one Windy wink.gif Well if history show's the Cardinals are true to form with keeping it close or within reach and when they need to turn it on they have resiliency (starting pitching) to get it done. Guess the team want's LaRussa's next deal to be a long one. Come on aboard Windy! After all the crap we been through this year with LaRussa's DUI, injury (Carp.) and Josh Hancock's untimely depth only the Cardinals can weather such a storm reference Darryl Kile. Ankiel, what a story... Mulder should be back in early September, wow.. I never say never anymore, Spinner straightened me out on that one...

CNY Tim,

Cards are on fire lately, and even without Carp they have put the charge on...lotta games still to be played though.

I am ready for our weekend battle. Hope it's a good one.

Here's hoping Windy jinxes your Cards.

Yeah, Windy, Scotty Pods....what has he done for you lately?

Over here on the N Side, we are continuing to overpay our pitchers (Z gets 90 Million and he only wins 60% of the time).

Yea Geno but it is sooo much fun to watch him blow up and go mental!!! LOL

Windy

Quote:

(Z gets 90 Million and he only wins 60% of the time).

A bit off topic here but you can say...BYE BYE Santanna... mad.gif

I'm with you on that, salaries are getting outrageous in baseball and small market teams will not be able to compete.

Wild,

It is getting tough for the "big" market teams to compete. Pretty soon it is going to be the RSNY league...Red Sox/New York league!!!

Windy

Jacque Jones - Looper served it and Jock had a second helping. Good game Geno congrats, great pitching on both sides... Come on Reds!

CNY,

Your boys are killin me man, come on Cards! LOL

Windy

Quote:

Jacque Jones - Looper served it and Jock had a second helping. Good game Geno congrats, great pitching on both sides... Come on Reds!

The Reds, best record in the NL Central since the AS break. Only fifteen games out now. Be very afraid Tim.

Go Cubs

Attaway Spinner!

Well pitched game on both sides Fri.

I was lucky enough to hit the tavern and see both HR's - and I actually called Jones' to the guy in the seat next to me......can't beat a good prayer you know.

Just in case anyone was wondering, I also called Ward's slam on Sat.

I'm on such a roll, I think I'll just call one for whoever is at the plate from now on.

"Just in case anyone was wondering, I also called Ward's slam on Sat."

This is almost scary Geno. Could you please post some of your Carnak predictions before the game so we can all call a Bookie. grin.gif

Hey Geno,

When do you want me to pick you up and we can hit the boat in Elgin??? If you are too busy, just post the winning lottery numbers for tomorrow's drawing and I can take it from there. LOL

Windy

Zamboni was nasty last night and I believe we got saved by the rain Geno. You guys own us again this season Geno and I tip my cap to you.

God called the rain out. HE wants the cards to play 35 games in 34 days, (check the schedule) and for the Cards to miss Psycho on the make-up date. This all equals the BrewCrew winning the div by 1 game. That's why it was rained out and something to do with a billygoat.

No doubt, it is getting interesting going into the end of the season. Lots of what-ifs possible still.

"God called the rain out. HE wants the cards to play 35 games in 34 days"

So what you're really saying here Mud is that God is Cub fan? After 100 years or so with out a seriea win, I'm having a problem swallowing that one LOL. grin.gif

• 4 weeks later...

C'mon guyz.....no more Cards or Twins and the WSox are long gone.

How about helping me out by rooting for the Cubbies?

Geno,

I'm behind you, man.....

LOOKING FOR THE SOFT SPOT TO STICK THE KNIFE IN! LOL

Just Kidding Old Boy, you better double up on the Pepto it looks like a wild ride. Go you roller coaster riding fool!

Did I mention how much I love beer, and those who make it, you know, BREWERS????

Windy

Yeah, but you knew I would be the first one in with the wise-en-heimer response, right? Nice come back last night. Could the Cubbies do it? They sure have the odds hugely stacked in their favor. Their remaining opponents for this season are 61 games under .500 combined. They should walk into the playoffs. Only a monumental meltdown could prevent the Cubs from getting into the playoffs, right Geno?

Say it with me, everybody........

BARTMAN!

BARTMAN!!

BARTMAN!!!

BARTMAN!!!!

Windy

If I told you once, I told you a million times to stop exaggerating! Monumental nothing!

Shoot, they are only 1 game in front. If they just stub their toes they won't make the post-season.

Comeback was nice last night. We will see how the $90Million Z-Man pitches on 3 days rest though.

I get 5 days in beautiful Minocqua, WI starting tomorrow so hopefully when I return Sunday night, the Cubbies will be ahead to stay.

Geno even though were out of it remember the last road trip we played against the Brewers in August we swept em in dominating fashion, my birds could have a very big say in this. They have pride and even down 11-0 against the Phils last night they did heck of a job to comeback and make the game semi close. We play Milwaukee next Mon thru Wed.

Geno,

Enjoy your trip to Cheese-Land, you will be fishing and looking for the big ones, you Cubbies will be swimming in shark infested waters trying to avoid being somebodies lunch! Are the nerves getting to you yet, Pepto and Jack Daniels, my Cubbie Loving friend. Have fun and tight lines!

Windy

Hey Geno,

I am with you and rootin' for the Cubbies, although I fear the ending will be agonizing again, but I love an underdog.

I am predicting a Red Sox/Mets series, but wishing for a Cleveland/Cubbies series.

The Cheese-land lake I fished was abysmal (sp?).....all small feesh...but the weather was great...and the radio played to the tune of Cubs Win/Brewers lose so I have that going for me.

Way to go Fishy....keep rooting! 3 1/2 up with 6 to play would make it the worst flop ever for my Cubbies if they can't get it done now.

Tim, I will root for your Cards to help out again.

BTW...this afternoon, I heard the Cubs still had a mathematical chance to end up with the best NL record...Funnee!