Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sutty

Cold Front?

4 posts in this topic

Coming up this weekend, wondering if the cold front has slowed things down or changed the pattern any.

Haven't been out since last weekend, but the front/storm that came thru last Friday afternoon didn't effect fishing much except that the waves made it a little tougher. This front may have dropped the water temps a few degrees, but the stable weather should keep fishing good. I bet a quite few more big pike will start showing on the reefs with the cooler weather grin.gif. Good luck!

later,

toddb

We had a working weekend at deer camp this past weekend and hit the water for a few hours Sat. afternoon. We picked up 3 fish with 4 lines down and talked to several other boats at the landing and all had similar luck. One of our party was up the previous weekend and hammered them in the same area so I would say the cold front shut them down for us on Saturday.

My wife and I fished out of Zippel on Nicks boat last Thursday, full day charter.

One guy on the boat was on the day prior and he said the boat had their limit of eye's by 11am, we didn't do quite that well.

By 3pm we were fished out and we had our legal limit of fish and four saugers. There were some doubles and a few times all 6 lines were out of the water at once.

An older guy from Minneapolis and I seemed to have the best luck with the larger eye's our turns were back to back too. We caught a 22, 23, 25in eye's and he caught and couldn't revive a 29.5 eye. My 30.5 in eye fared better and after a handful of pics she swam away under her own strength. Five fish from 4-10 lbs, two people one outing, not bad!!!

It was a pleasure to finally ride along on Nicks personal boat and even better to land and release my biggest eye yet.