Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nofishfisherman

Saturday Weather

5 posts in this topic

What are the local weather people saying about the weather up in Duluth for tomorrow? I can't seem to find 2 weather sources that will agree on a forecast. I have seen as big as a 15 degree tempeture difference and some people saying rain all day and some saying no rain at all.

Just wondering what the local word is before I decide to drive up from St. Paul for a day on the water. I will be bringing my wife and 2 other couples with me so I am trying to make sure the weather is decent for them. If it was just me i would fish in a monsoon and it wouldn't be an issue but I don't want a cranky wife and neither do my friends that I am bringing.

Just go here here and realize that the temperatures can swing pretty strongly depending on whether you're up over the hill (like this forecast for the airport) or down at lakeside. If there's some form of a northeast or east wind, the very cold Lake Superior will chill the air above it, and winds from those directions pull that cold air into the low portions of the city. When that happens, the escarpment usually protects the parts of the city up over the hill, so it's warmer there.

Thanks,

That is yet another forecast that doesn't match up with any other I have seen, its getting closer though.

I have seen anywhere from 56-70 degrees forecasted for the Duluth Airport so far between the 6 sources I have checked.

Aaron, did you get my email?

We haven't had much rain and every time rain is in the forecast it hasn't happened. Temps will be in the 60's with a good breeze, perfect for fishing but not so good for swimming. I'd go ahead with your plans.

yeah I got it. Info was very helpful as always. I meant to reply but hadn't had time to go back to it.

I think we are going to go ahead with the plans and we'll deal with whatever comes our way. All of my best days of fishing on Fish Lake have always come in these sort of conditions so I am looking forward to seeing if I can get into a few fish.

I took a group of friends up 1 or 2 summers ago for a weekend and it poured the entire weekend and despite all of my instructions before we left only 2 out of 8 people brought rain gear, and I was one of them. It made for a long weekend of people complaining. I have warned people if they do that again I am going to leave them on an island for the day and I'll come pick them up before I head in for the night.