• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

new deer regs?

rattlem'up

so hows this working now.

i buy an all season liscence so for archery I can shoot a doe no matter what! now am i able to take a buck in the lottery zone also if i have shot a doe in a lottery zone? i would use one of the antlerless tags for the doe and use the either sex for the buck. from what i read i dont think i can i think you can only take 1 deer out of the lottery zones per year. even if i would get drawn for a doe permit would i be allowed to shoot a buck in a lottery zone? some one help me clarify this up its kinda blurry. thanks

Go back a few pages and you can read some of the past topics like 2007 Hunting Regulations where this has been throughly discussed.

The way I understand it. If you hunt a lottery area, you can only tag one deer no matter what.

Quote:

The way I understand it. If you hunt a lottery area, you can only tag one deer no matter what.

exactly, unless you tag your other deer in some other non-lottery area.

Does this mean one deer per lottery zone or one deer in any lottery zone and any other deer has to be taken in a non-lottery zone?

The way I read it & it was discussed. You can shoot one deer total between all lottery areas you hunt.

That would make sense. Since you can't use a bonus permit in a lottery ares, you'd have to use your either sex tag and be done hunting lottery areas. You could, however move to managed and intensive areas to secure as many bonus permits as allowe and hunt there, correct?

Yes, one more in one managed area & up to four more in intensive areas, depending on how many you've tagged already, total of five. If it were me I wouldn't shoot a doe in a lottery area with my bow until after gun season, otherwise if Mr. Big walks by you can't shoot him, unless you're party hunting with someone who will tag it. You would be done hunting in lottery areas. I'm not sure if you have to use your either sex tag or if you could still use a doe tag. I won't be hunting any lottery areas, but I thought it said you could use both doe tags if you wanted on your All-Season in a managed area & could still fill your buck tag in an Intensive area. I think the key is the number of deer killed in the areas, not so much doe or buck, but I could be wrong about that.

lcornice can you clarify that for us? Thanks

Whatever number of deer that are allowed in each area is the total you can have. Lottery area 1 deer, Managed I believe is 2 total, and Intensive is up to 5. It does not matter if they are all does (permit required in lottery), but you can not shoot more than one buck.

However, if you shoot a Buck in a lottery area, you can go to another area that is intensive harvest or managed and shoot your other deer, up to 5 total.

Quote:

That would make sense. Since you can't use a bonus permit in a lottery ares, you'd have to use your either sex tag and be done hunting lottery areas. You could, however move to managed and intensive areas to secure as many bonus permits as allowe and hunt there, correct?

Correct!

Now this is new to me. If you buy an all season license to hunt 4A and are unsuccessful during Firearms season, you are not allowed to muzzleload hunt? That is what the guy at Gander Mtn. said to my father-in-law. That doesn't make a bit of sense. Why buy an all season license then, especially when it is a lottery area.

Quote:

Now this is new to me. If you buy an all season license to hunt 4A and are unsuccessful during Firearms season, you are not allowed to muzzleload hunt? That is what the guy at Gander Mtn. said to my father-in-law. That doesn't make a bit of sense. Why buy an all season license then, especially when it is a lottery area.

The guy at Gander had it wrong, or you understood him wrong.

If you are successful during the 4A season in a Lottery area, or anytime, you are done tagging deer in a Lottery area. You could still party hunt with someone who has an open tag.