• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Henderson landing = be carefull

Got a look at the landing tonight and just a little advice, BE CAREFULL. The river has actually undercut the cement a good 10 feet on the left side. I know River Rat and Softshell Ed have been out of there recently and the landing drops straight off a good 2 feet.

It looked pretty hairy when we launched there on Friday for the BPCL. The cement pads are all undercut on the left (as you look down the ramp) from a gully. On the right there is the two foot dropoff that Brian mentioned.

I would think with the extra rain we've had this weekend the undercut area will have gotten even worse. The higher river level might make it easier to launch on the right side if you can keep on the cement pads. Get out and check the ramp throughly before backing your boat in.

I launched my kayak out of Henderson on Monday morning. Quite a difference from last Friday. I'm guessing the river is up 3 1/2 feet since Friday night. Looking at the ramp this morning I could not see any problems. The undercut area is totally underwater, and the two foot dropoff is quite a ways out. I'm not saying it is safe to launch a boat here. You just can't tell there is an undercut area by looking, as that area is underwater.