Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Huntin&Fishin

3 mile reef out from hunters point

14 posts in this topic

Is 3 mile reef out from hunters point producing?

It’s always producing!

You just got to get their and fish in and out of the buoy markers.

If I remember correct, there is a pretty stout drop off on the north end of markers. Anchor and slip bobber with leech or minnow right on break and you will get walleyes. It is always nice to mark fish before you set up.

Pulling cranks at the depths of marked fish works well also.

I have always seemed to have more luck on North end and little to the east. Who knows though!

Is this the spot by Garrison? I'm not that familiar with the names of all the locations. I know there is a reef just north of "3 Mile" but the nearest point seems to be Pike Point.

Husker, Three mile reef is on the southeast part of the lake north of Isle.

when did isle move to the southwest side of the lake???

I would say it is a little to the east and in the middle of the lake. If you have a map, find big point (Big point is on the east side about half ways up). After you locate big point, put your finger on it and slowly go west out into lake. If I remember right, you might have to go up just slightly. It is not all the way to the center of the lake, about half way to the center.

Ok...now I see it! I'll have to take a break from my normal routine out on the flats. Thanks for the help.

East, I thought you said Weest.

whos on first?

Thanks,haven't fished it in the winter, does it produce in the winter?

ps, good advice shackbash.

regards,

minnesotatuff

its hot in the winter, especially if you are the first one out there!

regards,

minnesotatuff

thanks

minnesotatuff,

Thanks!

I never have fished in winter! My winter fishing is in the area of Doe island reef down to Isle bay and over to cove bay!

Do not rule out drifting! Keep rod tips up (so you do not get snagged in rocks) and use 2-4’ snell with red or yellow hook. I would use .5 to 1.0 once weight. Leech or crawler works best. What ever way wind is blowing (if there is wind) and set up and position your self so you will glance off to one side or another of 3 mile reef markers. This has been lucky for me also.