Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DeanoB

Local Fishin

4 posts in this topic

***Update*** Todays spot...Thrilling...2nd cast 5" green pumpkin worm hammered by est 19" ?lbs largemouth, this was an incredibble fight, wow screaming drag took about 5 min to land... wow I have heard the rumors, and can say its true now. i caught and landed 3 more smaller than this :@ 2 16-17" and the other a 12" could see numerous fish following the worm which i twitched, shook, let drop, wiggle, trying everything, the one was a pig came right up to the edge of muck, twitch twitch nada, could see part of back & fin out of water. craziness. needless to say i was gone longer than an hour. and had no camera not even my phone which i left in the car. "no officer my grandpa lives down at the end he said this is the best spot to fish, we can go talk to him if we need to" or "i thought my credit union membership covered fishing here" I think the first is better as it is a bank now. end of update****

Well not much action to report, I have been fishing a couple days this week on lunch break. Had 1 nice hit on a rattlin rap on the Zumbro monday downstream from the water treatment facility, small crappies and gills at KR7 jigging wednesday (algae is on here,) more gills and 1 10" rainbow at Foster's on tuesday using jigs, caught the bow on a gold/black floating Rap. Now where the heck do i go today? i shoulda brought some corn and went to Silver, ah well I'll figure something out.

I would like to take my 2 oldest boys fishing on saturday any word on the bass bite from shore on the 'sippi? They want to go bassin, with all the half price tackle they bought at Gander with money they saved. I am so glad they bought lures, and powerbait and not video games, sugar, candy, etc.

Any info about bassin on the 'sippi or whatever would be great- we will be shore fishing.

Deano

frydaddy thanks for the info.

There's decent bass fishing on the dike road between Wabasha, MN and Nelson, WI. I've fished there numerous times from shore and hammered beautiful bass. Topwater is fun during low light. Try to work the edges of lillypads. MossBosses can be effective atop the duckweed. #13 Floating Raps are another good option.

Plenty of bass down at Willow Creek last week when I was down there. On my 3rd cast I had prob the largest boil I've ever had down there. Just from the splash alone I'd put the fish 17+". I ended up catching 10 or so 10-12"ers on SkitterPops (smaller size) in the firetiger color.

I know there's decent bass fishing in the CC Manor Pits as well (Cascade Lake). You'd be better off with a stickbait/rattling trap, or plastics on the bottom (comida/senko).