• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Bear Instinct or Gander series (bowtech)

Nova

My son is in the market for a new bow. These are the two he has narrowed it down to. The Fred Bear Instinct or the Gander series made by Bowtech. They are both decent bows. The Gander series seems faster and quieter to me and my brother bought a Bear bow last year and has had it break 2 limbs already. Any help would be great.

I shoot a bowtech tomkat and have nothing but good things to say about it. I bought it last summer and really like it. I don't think you would go wrong with a bow made by bowtech but I have never shot a Fred Bear either.

I have the Bear Truth and have nothing but good things to say about it. Really smooth and very little (if any) hand shock. Bear's new product line is solid for the price tag. Then again Bowtech's line is topshelf for quality and cutting edge advances in overall design. I honestly think you will be happy with either one of the bows. So like it's been said on here many times before, have him shoot both and pick which one feels right to him.

I shoot a Bowtech Tech 29 and I love it. You can't go wrong with a Bowtech. Before the Bowtech I shot a Hoyt and that was a nice bow too but it was too long ATA for me.