Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Maximum12

Lake Ann

6 posts in this topic

Thinking about hitting Ann this evening, have only been on the lake (in a boat) once, years ago. Anyone have any recent info on the lake - algae? weedline? is the water green? and any fish around? Thanks!

Haven't fished there since the spring, but remember Ann is an electric trolling motor only lake.

Is that a pay launch? I live close to it but haven't checked it out.

Nope, not a pay launch, but it has a nice heave in it. We were the only boat on the water last night other than a couple of canoes. The rain seemed to have muddied the water & the fishing was sloooow. Not much happening between six inches & twenty feet.

I know they're in there, had a good evening of ice fishing last season, but they weren't willing to play last night.

Ann has some pretty good bass and a few bigger pik esmiwin' around, just fish the weed line w/ a spinnerbait or rapala shad rap in perch color. The weeds are pretty consistant around the edges of the lake. good luck!

I only live about a mile from Lake Ann. I used to fish it all the time for bass up until a couple of years ago. The quality and numbers of bass seemed to go downhill at that time, although there are still a few bass and a lot of pike in the lake. I would use a medium depth Rapala in brown crawdad color or a red Storm Wiggle Wart in the middle of the bowl (just southwest of the swim area) and catch a lot of bass. Also, a 4" tube in dark pumpkinseed color worked good, too. The edge of the weeds straight across from the boat ramp is a good spot, too. Use a black and blue jig/pig combination or the tube mentioned earlier. In the fall, you can use a gold/black back Rat-L-Trap in 3/4 oz. size; just retrieve it slowly along the weedline edges. I was with a friend of mine 4 years ago and he caught a 6 1/2 lb. bass at the edge of the weeds in the SW corner of the lake on a green pumpkin 8" lizard. Good luck, let us know how you do!